+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tag Cloud Plugin

Tag Cloud Plugin

I wonder how the Tag Cloud plugin actually works?

As I understand, the Tag Cloud plugin works as follows:

- Let's say I have a tag word called "Apartments in Seattle".
    - A user clicks the tag words "Apartments in Seattle".
    - The Flynax software searches all listings with the words "Apartments in Seattle".
    - The Flynax software displays all listings with "Apartment in Seattle" to the user.

However, I think there is no way for a user to add tag words to their listings?

Guru
    "However, I think there is no way for a user to add tag words to their listings?"

They can be added after by selecting the search home page and typing in their tags. Per see. Tags are the searches done on the site, so by searching them you create the tag
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    They can be added after by selecting the search home page and typing in their tags.
    Thank you very much for your excellent assistance.
    I thought to ask before entering Cloud Tag data.

There needs to be a list of tag words users reference when making listings.
    That way, tag words can be woven into their listing descriptions and titles.
    I can easily add a section to an article I am working on about teaching users to write a listing.

However, creating tag words from searches would cause the tag word list to grow quite long very quickly.
    It would be nice for admin to be able to stop/start searches from creating tag words.

Guru
    It would be nice for admin to be able to stop/start searches from creating tag words.
    Joe, you can control this easily enough.

A few things I do and have mentioned now and then, but each to their own so adjust as people see fit.

1. the tag cloud is great for adding extra footprints in giggle per see.

2. I have renamed tags to > Search For < so it looks better in search results I have also renamed the default text in the search bar to < Search For > to match everything up.

3. I manually add tags directly related to each category I set up for example for the category > Marketing & Sales < I have added both words separately and the same with any multi-word category just used the single words separately. These will show up in your indexed pages and would show as something like > Search For Marketing < ? type outcome

Search For Coaches - mysite https : //mysite. net › search-for › coaches
    Not sure of the direction of your business moving forward? our business coaches and mentors can help you plan your business growth with a clear direction, that ...

4. I then once I have that all set is ad an inactive tag called > control line << then every now and then all I need to do is go in and delete anything above the control line that I do not want and if I keep or add something I reset the control line back to the top deleting the old one.

Hope that helps. Adjust to suit.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete,

Great information.

I will use the information you provided to create the same overall structure.

I really like your idea of using single worlds as this would work well in real estate.

Thanks for the help again.

+ Reply to Thread