+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Configuration Guide for Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin

Speed Configuration Guide for Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin

Multi-Field Plugin + Geo Filtering Option

The Plugin allows you to build relationships among relevant fields, where every subsequent field represents a subcategory(s) of a category selected from a previous field, for example you can build relationships among such fields as Country, Region and City. So when a user selects a country, the region field will return all regions specific to a selected country, and when a user selects a region, he will get all cities specific to a selected region.

Note: Actually a number of fields that can be associated with each other is unlimited.

The Plugin also features geo filtering option, which enables building geo filters for all categories on your site - that is, users will be able to filter listings in categories based on a selected location, for example you can build a list of locations in the sidebar and when a user clicks a particular location the Plugin will filter all listings in categories based on a selected location.

Note: Multi-selection of interconnected fields can be configured both for listing and for registration fields.

To build relationships among a few fields you are supposed to:

1. Go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Add an Entry. The page will offer you two options: create a new data entry or as an addition to an existing data entry (See below how to set up geo filtering), for example relationships Country > Region > City, can be built in two ways: 1. you can add a data entry called Country, and then enter countries you need or 2. you can start adding Regions to already existing data entry - Country, which has all needed countries. It should be noted that a new data entry will be added to the Data Entries Section. Basically multi-field is an option that is applied to a data entry, and which provides for building multi-leveled entries. Standard data entries that can be added from the Data Entries Section do not offer a multi-field option.

2. After adding a data entry with the multi-field option you are supposed to link it to a particular field. To link a field to a particular data entry go to AP > Listings > Listing fields > Add/Edit field > Field Type: dropdown > Select an appropriate data entry from the list to bind it with the field. In our case we bind the country field with Country data entry.

Note: Only dropdowns can be linked to data entries offering a multi-field option.
    Note: If you added a data entry as an addition to an existing data entry, fields that were linked to such data entry will inherit new field relationships automatically.

3. After binding a field with a data entry go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Select a data entry to manage > Click on Manage icon > Add an item.

Note: To add countries, for example USA, Germany, and Italy to Country data entry (as data items of the 1st level) you will need to use Manage function. If you already have countries under existing data entry (USA, Germany etc) then you will be able to add Regions to appropriate countries (as items of the 2nd level), for example add Carolina, Minnesota, Texas etc to USA.
    After adding a second level item (Regions) to a data entry the system will add a second dropdown field to the user interface with newly entered data items (Regions). You will be able to edit the new field from AP > Listings > Listing fields, for example to change its name, which is called, in this particular case, Country level 2.

4. To add cities you will need to use Manage function for every region as described in 3. Using this function you can further deepen your levels.
    Geo Filtering
    To enable geo filtering option go to AP > Plugins > Multi-field > Select a data entry that has location data > Click the Edit icon > Enable Geo Filtering > Click the Edit button.
    After activating the option the system will display a set of interconnected location-related fields offering filtering by a particular location.
    After filtering by a location the system will add a path of a selected location to site urls. So all listings and category counts on the site will be associated with a selected location.

Note: This option is enabled for all pages that offer listings and categories, and is disabled by default for pages that offer static data. You can enable geo filtering for a particular page from AP > Content > Pages > Select a page > Click the Edit icon > Enable Geo Filtering.

Note: If you don't see newly added regions and cities in the user interface then go to AP > Common > Refresh > Rebuild multifield.
    Last edited by Mike; April 25, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Hi Mike F.

How do I not display the Geo Filter in page "View Details"?
    It need appear only on the page of a category or subcategory.

geo.jpg

Hi Leandro Figueiredo,

Geo filter box is usual content box and can be configured on the Admin Panel>>Content>> Content Boxes, open edit box page. remove sticky and check Listings page.

Please submit a ticket if you have problems with it.

Hi Mike,

The interactions with the list are slow.
    Do some tests http://www.lista.noivaurbana.com.br/...idos-de-noivas
    1 - Choose the city "Rio de Janeiro" in the filter.
    2 - Remove the selection.
    Verify that the two actions are very time consuming.

Yes the website is slow, but it's not action to select something in location, i think it's difficult for your server to get long list of cities. And also i don't think it's convenient to choose something in this very very long list of cities.

You may leave only Auto-completion field in the box, i think it will be much faster then, or PM me ftp/cpanel login details i will try to look into it maybe i can optimize something.

P.s. there is no cache system for now in the plugin, we will do cache system in the next version of the plugin and it will probably be faster with big location lists.

As you know there is Import Data from Flynax server feature in the plugin, if you have a good database which you want to share it with others you can send it to us and we upload it to the server, then everyone will be able to import your database from the server with just few clicks in admin panel.

It may be specific country location databases or other database.

Mike,

I deactivated the "Multi-Leveled and representation of locations" and "Location autodetection".
    It's faster now.

Yes, sorry forgot to say about it. It's known problem for the multi-leveled representation, because in this case script loads all available location data from the database.

Problem import World Locations Database2 .

Hello, I have a problem when importing Database2 World Locations (~ 2.5 million) which is containing more records, I need to import Specifically Argentina and Uruguay with all its regions and cities. When I try it hangs and does not advance the loading bar. But when I try to do with the database Database1 World Locations (~ 40 000), if you load this data but incomplete and poorly distributed.
    On the other hand I have a db.sql with cities and regions that I would like to import to Argentina, but not as import manually.:confused:

Anyone had this problem? any solution for manual import?

Thank you.

sorry for my English I'm using a translator
    ---
    ---------------
    Espa

Manual import will be available in the next version of the plugin, could you provide me with database to look at it? (PM me link)

I'm working on the import problem, but as there are lot of data it maybe just long importing process.

+ Reply to Thread