+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Configuration Guide for Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin

Hi Mike, Thanks for answering, database of Argentina and their locations is in structure is as follows -: state> region> city. (Sent by PM) from already thank you very much.

There is new feature in the software to improve your pages for search engines.

It allows you to add current location to your meta data (keywords, description and title)

How it works:

By default it's not added anywhere, but for each page you can use following variables in the meta fields:

{location} - it will contain all your applied location (e.g. USA / California / Los Angeles)
    {location_level0} - USA (top level)
    {location_level1} - California

etc.

there is also condition which allows to use additional text when you have any location applied, example:

Title:

Listings {if location}in {location}{/if}

will be transformed to Listings in USA when your location is USA
    and it will stay just "Listings" without applied location

Keywords:

cars, used, {location_level2}

will be transformed to "cars, used, Los Angeles"
    and it will stay "cars, used," without applied location

Please don't use it for the page name if you have the page in menu (it will be not replaced)
    Last edited by Mike; February 15, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Hi Mike,

I add this variable {location} in title and Meta description; however, nothing has been changed in front end.

Does it requires any changes in …/includes/classes/lrCategories.class.php ?

Hi, sorry for delay with replies.

Please provide me with details to investigate this. As i remember there is nothing to do outside of the plugin to make it working.

Hi Mike,

I was wondering where the "Import Data from Flynax server feature" can be found in the Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin? I dont see any import feature for this plugin I have installed?

Thanks in advance,
    DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by PGGO View Post
    Hi Mike,

I add this variable {location} in title and Meta description; however, nothing has been changed in front end.

Does it requires any changes in …/includes/classes/lrCategories.class.php ?
    There were some problems when you don't have geo filter block configured - i have resolved them. If somebody have similar problems please contact me.

It will be included to the plugin next version of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dj View Post
    Hi Mike,

I was wondering where the "Import Data from Flynax server feature" can be found in the Multi-field/Geo filtering Plugin? I dont see any import feature for this plugin I have installed?

Thanks in advance,
    DJ.
    In the previous versions it was allowed only for data entry which have "Geo Filter" option enabled, but in the latest version this condition have been removed, so it's strange why you can find it.

Let me know if you still have problems with it

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    In the previous versions it was allowed only for data entry which have "Geo Filter" option enabled, but in the latest version this condition have been removed, so it's strange why you can find it.

Let me know if you still have problems with it
    Thanks for your answer Mike.

Another thing was -

Whats the difference between the - World Locations Database1 (~40 000)

and the - World Locations Database2 (~2 200 000) ?

Does the import feature also import all the associated Cities and Regions as well? Do these have to be linked manually?

Thanks.

is it possible that an manualy implanted text on the "home.tpl" only existing on the HOME Page and if and GEO filter runs the text not get shown? At the moment on GEO pages content from the home i only want show text on HOME not on all sub pages.

Mike,

This option "{location}" does not work when inserted into Home page title or Blocks name field.

Any suggestion?

+ Reply to Thread