+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to hide country dropdown?

Guru

how to hide country dropdown?

hello,

How can i hide the country dropdown in my search, filter and so on in the pic?

Because i use Multifield Country is linked to state/province /region.

im only targeting one country on this domain and only want to show state/region and or City.
    i have only one country (Australia) in multifield and it is set to default. dont need to show "Country" if the site is targeting a local audience.

thank you
    FireShot Capture 011 - Boatfind.com.au - www.boatfind.com.au.png
    Boatfind.com
    Boatfind.com.au

Hello,

The fact is that you can't use sub-level fields without their parent, in this case, country

the only way is to rebuild the structure of your locations excluding the country level:

- remove the current multi-field entry and create a new one

- go to manage this entry > Import Data > World Locations - v6 > Select items to be imported > Australia > Import
    Last edited by Rudi; May 27, 2021 at 09:32 AM.

Master
    The only problem with this is that if there are already ads, the location will disappear for each of them and you will have to reset them one by one.
    My problem with importing is that the settlements of Hungary are not completely in it and are faulty, they are without accents, so you can't even import properly.

In this case, it will require to remove country level via mysql requests

but it's not a one-step solution

Master
    Last year I sent Flynax the Hungarian counties and their settlements in an excel spreadsheet, but they have not been updated since.

You can create a ticket regarding these locations

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

The fact is that you can't use sub-level fields without their parent, in this case, country

the only way is to rebuild the structure of your locations excluding the country level:

- remove the current multi-field entry and create a new one

- go to manage this entry > Import Data > World Locations - v6 > Select items to be imported > Australia > Import
    Hello. I can't change the Listing Fields and Account fields linked to all level (Country, Province/Region, and Cities level). What i trying to do Creating a new entry (removing the country level) and will start the data of Province, then City, Sub city.

the message in listing field = You are unable to change the data entry of the field assigned to the geo filtration
    in the registration field = Manage data entry that is linked to the field.

thank you and regards,
    Jay

Actually, you need to remove your multi-field entry completely from Plugins > Multifield and create it anew importing states without the country

then go to manage this entry > Import Data > World Locations - v6 > Select items to be imported > Australia > Import

and create a new dropdown field selecting your new data entry

Wow. it works! thanks rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Actually, you need to remove your multi-field entry completely from Plugins > Multifield and create it anew importing states without the country

then go to manage this entry > Import Data > World Locations - v6 > Select items to be imported > Australia > Import

and create a new dropdown field selecting your new data entry
    I need an example data file to import data entry of a new state without the country can you give me, please?
    After i imported the data entry from flynax server I found several cities in my state are missing.

+ Reply to Thread