+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjustment for the get more details sidebar...

Adjustment for the get more details sidebar...

Hi,

On this page: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...hip-21397.html (or any ad details page) when the ad is active, the page appears good, but when the ad is expired or inactive based on my layout, the get more details sidebar disappears, which I don't mind, but the ad and the ads info is aligned to the right side of the page, and there is no sidebar (get more details) so the page looks unprofessional like that, so I was thinking to keep the sidebar instead of hiding it when the ad is inactive or expired and just disable the contact button and the inputs (using css) in the get more details sidebar if the ad is inactive or expired.

Or could the div (with all the remaining content) be modified so that the content would use the full width of the page (when the ad is expired or inactive and no sidebar exists)?

either way would be good by me, I just don't know if the first way will make it 100% safe to rely on css to disable the form.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 22, 2021 at 05:25 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Just add another box to the sidebar and it will then hold shape when get details does not show ?????
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hmm, that was an interesting idea Pete!

Thank you for the suggestion! I will try to find something.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Just add another box to the sidebar and it will then hold shape when get details does not show ?????
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hi Pete,

I went with my gut and put up the statistics, but it seems on the listing details page, that isn't a good choice of sidebar, so I thought seller info content box, but I can't get it to be displayed. Any ideas?

Update: I like the idea of using another sidebar, but the only issue now is to make something that will fit with the ad details page. I am not sure what to put there, if anyone has some ideas for a sidebar on the ad details page, I am up for it. Let me know.
    Update 2: I just thought, if possible, I will add a banner to the ad details page.

Update 3: I couldn't seem to get the sidebar banner to display on the view details page for the Employment Listing Type. I have made sure everything was set accordingly, but still not showing the banner on the view details page. I also made sure that all the categories/subcategories were unchecked because I choose to display the banner on the view details page, but still not showing. Clear browser cache / history too.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hmm, that was an interesting idea Pete!

Thank you for the suggestion! I will try to find something.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 24, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    you could add similar listings or a featured block etc or even a banner ad to that location
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread