+ Reply to Thread

Thread: External Page Not Working

External Page Not Working

Hello,

I'm trying to include a php page into a page or box and neither is working. I get a page not found error. I know I spelled the url correctly. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Hello,

What php page do you mean and how you include it?

I have a script that is separate from the Flynax script. I want to include it in a page so that it appears in the menu and uses the header and footer in Flynax. Just to be clear, I want to include it into a Flynax page.

It's a testimonial script in which my client will be entering all of the testimonials. Can't do that with yours.

http://www.mauleairtest.com/testimonials.html

In the top menu, it's directing the viewer to test1.html instead of just including it between the header and footer in testimonials.html. Is there another way of including a php or html page in a Flynax page?

*EDITED FOR CLARITY*
    Last edited by Douglas Moore; May 26, 2023 at 06:08 PM.

In fact, you can't do it just by inserting a url into the script page or content box

There should be some API that allows embedding particular content from this site, for example, a javascript code with a special request that you can insert into html section.

You can see how it works using our plugin "Remote Ads": https://www.flynax.com/plugins/remote-ads.html

Or it will require to write a grabber which would parse the data you need from this site

I could just make a header and footer and a sidebar for the php script and add it to the menu. Will that work? I didn't see any way to do that in the admin.

*EDIT* Yep! That worked. When you guys move the program to the other account (same server), I'll edit the header and footer of the testimonials script. All I have to do now is add listings to the new one and I'm done! I think.
    Last edited by Douglas Moore; May 26, 2023 at 08:36 PM.

Ok, now I understand

You should add new controllers both to /includes/controllers/your_controller.inc.php (inserting your php code)

and to templates/.../tpl/controllers/your_controller.tpl with smarty and html code (you can see how it works in existing tpl files)

and create a new system page (via admin) specifying your controller name and page url

+ Reply to Thread