+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Featured + regular listing?

Master

Featured + regular listing?

Hello,

If a users want to have his listing up for 30 days but the first 5 days is featured. He has to do 2 steps
    step1: post as regular 30 days. Input lengthy credit card info.
    step2: go to manage listing and upgrade to featured 5 days. Input lengthy credit card info the second time.

Is there anyway I can make so that user only need to do one step. Like picking regular and featured as the same time?

For example when user choose to add new listing, choose a category, then at the choosing listing plan page, he has the option to choose regular plan duration 30 days. Then right below there is featured option where it has 5 days feature option.

Then proceed to fill in listing and checkout which combine regular + featured and paid once

Guru
    Tim, if you have listing packages they can purchase a package once, and that can have xyz regular listings and xyz featured listings in the one package, meaning every time they want to renew upgrade they do not need to keep using the payment option as they would have regular and featured credits they could use.

The packages would suit those who are placing a lot of ads on a regular basis. For people with an occasional or one-off listing, you would have a single listing package.

As for stacking regular and featured listings, not sure but mostly that can not be done as far as I know.

We are all different so what one person does is not the same as another, so for me, my featured and regular listings all have the same time period, for me it is 90 days, so the only question the user needs to ask is, do I want this to be a regular listing or a featured listing and thats it.

But as above we are all different, just another way to look at things is all.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Tim, if you have listing packages they can purchase a package once, and that can have xyz regular listings and xyz featured listings in the one package, meaning every time they want to renew upgrade they do not need to keep using the payment option as they would have regular and featured credits they could use.

The packages would suit those who are placing a lot of ads on a regular basis. For people with an occasional or one-off listing, you would have a single listing package.

As for stacking regular and featured listings, not sure but mostly that can not be done as far as I know.

We are all different so what one person does is not the same as another, so for me, my featured and regular listings all have the same time period, for me it is 90 days, so the only question the user needs to ask is, do I want this to be a regular listing or a featured listing and thats it.

But as above we are all different, just another way to look at things is all.
    Thanks Pete, thats one way to look at it. I will check it out. Still learning about this package thing

+ Reply to Thread