+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banner Plugin Bugs

Guru

Banner Plugin Bugs

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crhXVcVfoUR

Please see the above banner for error. thanks
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hi Pete,

Did you update your script to 4.8? I'm not quite sure but I think I have this problem after updating to 4.8.1 and Rudi helped me made the change here on forum. The logic of showing content box changes in version 4.8.1. But I could not find it.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Pete,

Did you update your script to 4.8? I'm not quite sure but I think I have this problem after updating to 4.8.1 and Rudi helped me made the change here on forum. The logic of showing content box changes in version 4.8.1. But I could not find it.
    No Wei, I have not updated I am using 4.7.2 (where possible I no longer update to new versions unless I need to as it is too much much work fixing everything up again) This problem has been with flynax for as long as I can remember it only dawned on me this was an error of sorts after having to hundreds of duplicate ads to get things to work.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hello Pete,

#1 As Wei already mentioned, this problem doesn't exist for banners in the latest script versions starting from 4.8.0

This is about the logic of selecting boxes (via getBlocks() function)

you can follow my solution and it should work properly: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ight=getblocks

otherwise, you also need to select the listing type page related to your category to make your banner display on the category page

#2 The issue with empty pages in the box settings will be solved in the next plugin updates

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Pete,

#1 As Wei already mentioned, this problem doesn't exist for banners in the latest script versions starting from 4.8.0

This is about the logic of selecting boxes (via getBlocks() function)

you can follow my solution and it should work properly: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ight=getblocks

otherwise, you also need to select the listing type page related to your category to make your banner display on the category page
    Rudi I already use 4.7.2 and also I had selected the listing type for that category page ?

EDIT: Look like I may have fixed it for 4.7.2 by just doing this first part

in includes > Utils > category.php > public static function getCategory

replace:
    PHP Code:
    $where['Path'] = trim($path, '/');
    with:
    PHP Code:
    $path = explode('/', $path);
    $where['Path'] = $path[0];
    Will test and update here

OK it puts it in the category but not in the show details page, will need to revisit this, TBA

All just too hard as the code is different so not sure what to hit where. All OK I will just have to make do with what I have to work with.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 11, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread