+ Reply to Thread

Thread: filter plugin geo location?

Master

filter plugin geo location?

Hi,

Is there anyway if I can change the geo location on a filter box to a search by distance zipcode box for user to input zipcode, and choose radius 10, 20, 50 miles.
    Right now it shows location_level_1, location_level_2 for user to click

The fact is that the geo filter and search by distance are different plugins and used for different purposes:

it's possible only via customization

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    The fact is that the geo filter and search by distance are different plugins and used for different purposes:

it's possible only via customization
    I'm sorry I meant the search by distance, not geo location. The one that allow users to input zipcode and radius. I can see that it work well with search box (quick search, advanced search) But these box don't have the nice little slider from the filter box

Ok,

by default, the category filter doesn't support search by distance field because it works with coordinates (latitude and longitude)

to make location filters display correctly, you should put the parent level Country to your filter form

if the problem persists, you need to create a ticket for this

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Ok,

by default, the category filter doesn't support search by distance field because it works with coordinates (latitude and longitude)

to make location filters display correctly, you should put the parent level Country to your filter form

if the problem persists, you need to create a ticket for this
    Thanks Rudi

+ Reply to Thread