+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Featured Watermark Font & Featured Listings Not Showing

Featured Watermark Font & Featured Listings Not Showing

Is there a way to control the font level to the watermark text of images uploaded? Sometimes, it's so tiny you can barely read and other times it's huge and goes off the screen.

Also, no featured listings are displaying in banner to right which is the features block. I verified by disabling and re-enabling to be sure I have the right box. I have listings that were upgraded to featured and others added by direct feature listing. How does it get populated? Features Sales and Random Featured displays them. Why doesn't this one featured banner block display them?

See attached pic!

Thanks!

[attachment=0:2z56pfez]featured.png[/attachment:2z56pfez]

Re: Featured Watermark Font & Featured Listings Not Showing

Hello Christina,
    Quote Originally Posted by azdolfan
    Is there a way to control the font level to the watermark text of images uploaded? Sometimes, it's so tiny you can barely read and other times it's huge and goes off the screen.
    This happened because the photo of the dog is too small, like on this screenshot:
    [attachment=0:2a78nz7j]ex.jpg[/attachment:2a78nz7j]
    System enlarge the photo of the listing on main page like it showed on your screen, that is why it looks like huge text on standard icon.
    Solution: Do not use to small photos for listings.
    Also, no featured listings are displaying in banner to right which is the features block. I verified by disabling and re-enabling to be sure I have the right box. I have listings that were upgraded to featured and others added by direct feature listing. How does it get populated? Features Sales and Random Featured displays them. Why doesn't this one featured banner block display them?
    Please be sure that you have other Featured listings. because if you have just one featured listings, this listing appears as Random Featured only, it does not appears on page twice.

John

System enlarge the photo of the listing on main page like it showed on your screen, that is why it looks like huge text on standard icon. Solution: Do not use to small photos for listings.
    Yeah, but how can you stop users from uploading small photos? Small thing of my issues, but I would think the code could do a check on image size maybe and then post font size based on that?!? I guess if users are bothered by it, I'll just remove the feature.

Please be sure that you have other Featured listings. because if you have just one featured listings, this listing appears as Random Featured only, it does not appears on page twice.
    I just checked and I have 9 featured listings and that box has never populated.

Thanks!

Hello Christina,
    Late reply from me again was too busy sorry.
    Yeah, but how can you stop users from uploading small photos? Small thing of my issues, but I would think the code could do a check on image size maybe and then post font size based on that?!? I guess if users are bothered by it, I'll just remove the feature.
    It is possible, but it will take time. You need support plan from Flynax.
    Please PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I just checked and I have 9 featured listings and that box has never populated.
    Do have cron file adjusted and working?

John

The cron shows running without any errors. My host server confirmed it working probably, but no featured displaying. And, it this time, no banner boxes are displaying anymore for some reason....

+ Reply to Thread