+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Featured Listings by Country on Homepage

Hybrid View

Post Featured Listings by Country on Homepage

I currently have featured listings by categories.

However, is it possible to have a second featured listing type where sellers can choose to add their listing only to the homepage separated by country?

Any help would be appreciated as I do not know where to start and if it is possible using the Flynax software.

Guru
    Yes Joe, that is possible if I understand your question correctly. Try this

In your categories / build section go to featured and then drag n drop in the country option and that should sort it, I have the country option also in similar listings etc so people only see a similar listing for that country per se.

You would have a featured listing box on the home page and it all should work.

I know this works with similar listings but not tried the home page but that should all work on geolocation anyway?
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 19, 2021 at 12:21 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete,

Do I make a new category for each country I want to add to the homepage?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Pete,

Do I make a new category for each country I want to add to the homepage?
    No probably not? Joe can I ask are you using listing boxes on the home page and then you are saying you are getting those listing boxes to display by category on the home page? I ask as I do not see any option to define a category to a listing box to a category on the home page unless I am missing something ?

I will dig a bit deeper.

What I do know is I have country as an option in similar listings and it works perfect / not working as I can see if I add country to featured listings, also tried location filter in content boxes but that did not seem to make any difference here ? have you tried that?
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 19, 2021 at 09:57 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you very much for your reply.

What I see is although users can search listings by country, administrators are not able to display listings by "a" country separately?

I am trying to get something like the following to work:

- Users can post listings on the homepage
    - Listing are separated by Country

I also wonder if it can be accomplished by:

- Create a Listing Type called "Homepage Listings"
    - Create a Sub Category for each Country under "Homepage Listings"
    - Build forms for each Country
    - Create a Listing Box for each Country

However, I am not sure it will work, and if there is a better way to accomplish it?

If you are OK with countries as listing type, then it's possible. For example: you create 3 listing types as country: USA, UK, AUS.
    Then you can install listing box plugin and create 3 boxes for each listing type and check them to show on homepage.

Guru
    - Users can post listings on the homepage
    How is that done?

Can this work ?

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfq2dVn8tw
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 19, 2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    How is that working?

It looks like it is using the "Geo Filter" in Basic Settings.
    It also looks like it is using "Listings Boxes" in Plugins.

I see you cannot make a "Listing Packages" using the above method.
    Where do users select to add this listing feature option?

Guru
    Hello Joe, the way it works is like this. In listing packages, users can choose to list as a standard or featured listing. they can also when adding a listing choose to select a location if that has been set up, so you do not need a specific package for this, but just to have those options to set up.

Now because you can not choose to post to the front page, you add listing boxes to your front page, and because you wanted featured listings you could create a featured listings box type and add it to the front page, this will then show featured listings on the home page as you want.

To then display by location you then yes have geolocation active for the home page and set up in as in the video above.

The end result will be that based on geolocation they will see featured ads on the home page in relation to thier location.

If you look at my home page I have the top 4 listings as featured listing box and the next 8 are the latest listings box with both set to avoid duplicates. In my case, I do not have a geolocation set as I do not want it on my home page/site and for my purposes, I have a filter to do that work.

I will do quick video to show you the settings. See Here > https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfYhXVnRG8
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 20, 2021 at 05:12 AM.

Pete,

The method you suggest is obviously the correct method to list by country.
    I believe this area was recently updated by Flynax.
    The software seems to be specifically designed to show listings of a user's "geolocation" whether it be Standard or Featured Listings using the"Geo Filter" plugin.

I can only think of one disadvantage, possibly
    The Featured Listing "Price" cannot be adjusted depending on the listing's location on the website, for example:

- $50: Front Page - Featured Listing
    - $30: Category Page - Featured Listing

Is the following correct if a user places a Featured Listing?

- The user's featured listing will appear in the category featured listings
    - The user's featured listing will appear in the homepage featured listings

However, I can live with the fact that featured listings can only be set at one price and be displayed throughout the website.

+ Reply to Thread