+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hide all seach field before category select?

Hybrid View

Hide all seach field before category select?

Hi,

Is there anyway if we can hide and only show relevant search fields after users chose category in advanced search page?

In a listing type lets say for sale, we have multiple categories for example: car and house

in Car we have:
    - model
    - model year
    - ODO

in house we have:
    - bedroom
    - bathroom
    - year built

If we list all the above listing fields in advanced search page we will have a full pages with:

- model
    - model year
    - ODO
    - bedroom
    - bathroom
    - year built
    ---> If long and confusing, and sometimes users input model year (car) and year built (house) at the same time and hit search.

Can we ask users to choose a category first then show relevant fields below, if they chose car then page will show only:
    - model
    - model year
    - ODO

Thanks

Hello Wei,

There is definitely no a quick solution

but if you need I can point you to a file where you can add your custom code for hiding/enabling fields:

templates > your_template > components > cascading-category > _cascading-category.js > inside the block this.$selectors.change(function(){

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Wei,

There is definitely no a quick solution

but if you need I can point you to a file where you can add your custom code for hiding/enabling fields:

templates > your_template > components > cascading-category > _cascading-category.js > inside the block this.$selectors.change(function(){
    Thanks Rudi,

I will do some research on it

+ Reply to Thread