+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image URL Changes ?

Guru

Image URL Changes ?

I am not 100% sure if this is a problem or not, I have some images loaded up in a listing and I have taken those image URLs and used that URL to paste those images into my posts.

then once when I updated my image clarity % I noted all of my images dropped out and all I had was the box with the image icon, so needed to go in and reconnect all of my image URLs and at the time I did not think too much about it other than editing the image clarity from 75% > 80% must have broken something.

Then last night more images were broken and again went in to fix them not understanding why they were broken, the original image URL was still in place but showing an error, so I went in and had to recopy the image URL and paste it back into the place where I wanted the image to get it to work again.

It was only when I pasted the second of the broken images back in that I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the link was not broken but instead for some reason that saved image to the listing had now changed the file path / URL and was completely different.

So if this is right then the link has not broken a sense but what is happening somehow is flynax is changing the saved URL of that image for some reason? I have no idea what triggers it to change as I have not made any adjustments to anything in the admin.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I also may be wrong but reasonable sure now this is happening, I will next time if this happens will record the original URL and what it has changed to verify this is happening? and then if so how do we stop flanax from creating a new URL for saved images to avoid image errors on the site is the next question.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    It has happened again, I have no idea as to how or why an image URL is changed in flynax ? you load the image to flynax then take the URL of that image so you can use the image in the post and for some reason flynax changes the image URL, leaving errors in flynax and the only way to fix it is to go back into flynax and re copy the new image URL over.

ORIGINAL IMAGE URL \/

https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/16128331511895579977.jpg
    https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/16128331511085755662.jpg
    https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/16128331521491332272.jpg

NEW \/The above image URLS were changed to the below image URLs. for what reason I do not know, what why or where ?

https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/qsd-xxx-274464556.jpg
    https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/qsd-xxx-141726871.jpg
    https ://xxx.net/files/02-2021/ad175/qsd-xxx-474410579.jpg

SEE Video Below.

removed
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 15, 2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Are you going to Common / Refresh / Update Reference Numbers of Listings Orr other items on that page?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Are you going to Common / Refresh / Update Reference Numbers of Listings Orr other items on that page?
    No ........10 chars

Master
    Only you can do something wrong. If this were a flynax error then it would happen to others.

I was sitting with my girl friend when I clicked on Pete video to see the problem. Boomm, she stared at me when the video turned to the image section. I could not turn it off fast enough. (((

Guru
    ? sorry if any image caught you off guard these are just standard images available online? Video removed.
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 15, 2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    ? sorry if any image caught you off guard these are just standard images available online? Video removed.
    No Pete I was just teasing you, the images were fine. Just a little suggestive a bit. Please don't worry about it. Hope Flynax sort this out soon. I don't have this problem since I don't reuse image url to post.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    No Pete I was just teasing you, the images were fine. Just a little suggestive a bit. Please don't worry about it. Hope Flynax sort this out soon. I don't have this problem since I don't reuse image url to post.
    OK you had me worried then as I do not set out to upset people.

Yes they were risky images, it is part of my classifieds site in that I look at stacking multiple sources of income. One of my classifieds categories is dating, so in that, I opened up my own line of dating sites and the ads that will run in the dating section of the classifieds site will be for my own branded dating sites.

And yes they come in Adult, Gay, Singles, Christian, BBW, Kinky & 50Plus so far.

I have said here before that setting one of these sites up in one big step, getting them to make money is another ball game altogether, that topic is what drives me now to master and when done I will publish a guide on my findings here for others if they want it, but in that I am laying low in that it is not my intention to tell people what when where or how. I hope to just show you what works and then let people make of it what they will.

I can say it is a tough gig out there now with a classified site and then getting the $, well for me it has been tough, so yes I get right out of the box and comfort zone on this one to see how far I can take things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    OK you had me worried then as I do not set out to upset people.

Yes they were risky images, it is part of my classifieds site in that I look at stacking multiple sources of income. One of my classifieds categories is dating, so in that, I opened up my own line of dating sites and the ads that will run in the dating section of the classifieds site will be for my own branded dating sites.

And yes they come in Adult, Gay, Singles, Christian, BBW, Kinky & 50Plus so far.

I have said here before that setting one of these sites up in one big step, getting them to make money is another ball game altogether, that topic is what drives me now to master and when done I will publish a guide on my findings here for others if they want it, but in that I am laying low in that it is not my intention to tell people what when where or how. I hope to just show you what works and then let people make of it what they will.

I can say it is a tough gig out there now with a classified site and then getting the $, well for me it has been tough, so yes I get right out of the box and comfort zone on this one to see how far I can take things.
    Ha ha sorry for having you worry. Yea I can see the big picture there. You might need great info their and partners to grow. Anyway we never know until we tried.

+ Reply to Thread