+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Add an Alert

Post How to Add an Alert

Can someone please help me to learn how a user adds an "Alert"?

I click the "My Alert" page in the user admin panel and it simply indicates:

- "You havent yet added any alerts.

The Flynax Feature page indicates:

Alerts for Matching Ads

If a user didn't find anything on your site he can add an alert for new listings, and get email notifications once a matching ad is posted.

I will open a ticket for this issue.

I see that Alerts works for the classifieds script; but, does not seem to work for the Realty script following the instructions here:

- https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ighlight=alert.

Anyone, know how alerts works with the Realty script?

Guru
    Joe, it just not set up the same on real estate that I can see.

Go to search then select apartments for example then search

then scroll down to the bottom of the refine search and you will see add an alert.

https://realty.demoflynax.com/en/pro...h-results.html
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 10, 2021 at 02:06 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

You have to add a listing, when you have a listing, go to (I believe the browse page for that listing) or it might be the ad details page, then you will see the add alter button, click that, then you will see the alert in your my account (my alerts) section.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Can someone please help me to learn how a user adds an "Alert"?

I click the "My Alert" page in the user admin panel and it simply indicates:

- "You havent yet added any alerts.

The Flynax Feature page indicates:

Alerts for Matching Ads

If a user didn't find anything on your site he can add an alert for new listings, and get email notifications once a matching ad is posted.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Thanks all.

Boy, difficult to find it.

You are right, it is accessible only through the "Search" page as far as I can see.

Have a good day / evening / night

Yes, that's right! How soon I forget The search page. It's not actually difficult to find the alert button, keep in mind, the alert is for when you are searching for something but you don't find it, so you create an alert for that search term(s) and when it becomes available you (or the advertiser) will be notified of that item when it's added to the website.

Thanks all.

You are right, it is accessible only through the "Search" page as far as I can see.

Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Thanks all.

It can be set to show in the category pages as well (from memory) by adding search forms to the sidebars.

> https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ve-This-Search < here is a video on how to make the save search work a little better.

What I can also say is I have this problem of sorts earmarked to fix or come up with an easy and intuitive way for people to add saved searches as it currently does not work very well. I think it will be easy to fix with some magic potion and some wizard spells from my harry potter wand. Will keep you updated here if I find a solution.
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 11, 2021 at 12:17 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread