+ Reply to Thread

Thread: web server suggestions ???

web server suggestions ???

I want to change web servers. I am having issues with my current one. Does anyone have any suggestions for one that works seemlessly with Flynax?

Hi Ray,

If you are referring to the software server, I would stick with apache since it is widely used. As for hardware, it really all depends on your traffic and what you plan to do with it. There is really no specific server you need except for the minimum requirements for Flynax. If you have lots of money to spend on a hardware server, that's entirely up to you. As the saying goes, more money = more power, I guess.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Moser View Post
    I want to change web servers. I am having issues with my current one. Does anyone have any suggestions for one that works seemlessly with Flynax?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Thanks Brian for the reply. But I'm actually talking about hosting company.

My site was working well for awhile and all of a sudden I had a variety of issues happening. To the point that I had my hosting company do a system backup at 3 days prior when there were no issues. Still had issues. I confirmed with my host that requirements were in place.They said they were. I opted for a fresh install. I did a fresh install, still had issues. I contacted my server again to very requirements were in place...they were. So I asked Flynax if they would do a fresh install for me. Kevin was kind enough to do a complete fresh install for me. Some issues were resolved but not all. This last step led me to believe that my hosting company made some sort of change to the server software that makes it no longer compatible with the flynax system.

Therefore I am searching for a reputable and reliable web server host to switch over to. A recommendation as to which package would be nice to know as well.

I would like to be up and running again ASAP.

Ray,

I am using Siteground with no issues.

I understand they use Google Cloud platform
    See here: https://www.siteground.com/blog/moving-to-google-cloud/

One reason I chose them was because of their affordable managed cloud hosting.
    If you ever need professional hosting the option is available starting at $100 per month.
    Many other companies offer less power and cost much more

They have daily automatic backups
    You have access to the prior 30 days of backups
    Also, you can load backups (files/databases) with the touch of one button in the hosting panel.

They are a bit more expensive than other hosting companies; but, really worth it.
    See here: https://www.siteground.com/web-hosting.htm

Be careful when buying a hosting plan as hosting companies have two prices.
    An introductory price for the first year and a normal price after the second year.
    Most hosting companies price their plans this way

Their 24-hour support and documentation are great as well.
    Last edited by Joe Can; March 22, 2021 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks for the info Joe. I have been looking into siteground and it looks rather promising. I have also been looking into a canadian based company (I'm from Canada) that seems very similar to siteground. I will let you know what I decide. I had to put this project on hold for now due some unforeseen circumstances at home but will be back on it before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Moser View Post
    Thanks for the info Joe. I have been looking into siteground and it looks rather promising. I have also been looking into a canadian based company (I'm from Canada) that seems very similar to siteground. I will let you know what I decide. I had to put this project on hold for now due some unforeseen circumstances at home but will be back on it before too long.
    You have one of the best hosting company in Canada Planethoster. I am in France and i deal with them since years because they also have a datacenter in France.

I will definitely look into Planethoster. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm using a2hosting, its more expensive than other options I have but the speed and stability are good

+ Reply to Thread