+ Reply to Thread

Thread: multiField plugin update problem

multiField plugin update problem

Recentlly, I updated my local server from 4.7 to 4.8.1, so i had to update my multiField plugin from 1.5.2 to 2.5.1
    PHP version is 7.3.24

After update, i had two major problems.

1. I got 500 internal server error at first click

I found that, some of files in composer folder have not been copied. It seems platform_check.php is a mandatory file.

So this file sholud be include in install.xml, update files section.

2. I noticed that, as you know ,if you add/edit a listing, after select a state, it should automatically change the city dropdown field. But it doen't!

I noticed that, there is no record with name=ajaxRequest and class=MultiField in hooks table.

When i checked install.xml file, there were two
    ajaxRequest

<hook name="ajaxRequest" version="2.0.0"><=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[]=]=></hook>
    and
    <hook name="ajaxRequest" version="2.0.0" class="GeoFilter"><=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[]=]=></hook

I am not sure if duplicate hook name is allowed at the same plugin or not.

If it is not allowed, so one of hooks name should be changed and plugin should be updated

and if it is allowed, then hooks install section in AP/includes/classes/admin/rlPlugin.class.php should be updated.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; April 7, 2021 at 10:51 AM.

Hello,

You can do the following:

completely remove the plugin and install it again

or

create a ticket for the problem

Hello Rudi,

Yes, fresh installation have no problem, but it removes all data as well. Unfortunately, the plugin has not features like import from file and export to file, just like languages menu in AP, which is a must for this plugin

Actually, i was solved the problem(i think, but not sure) and the solutions was at my post.

You can update from 1.5.2 or even from 2.0.0 to 2.4 or 2.5.1 to see both problems which i have mentioned.

Problem No 1 was solved by manually copy platform_check.php to composer file.

Problem No 2 was solved by insert a record (name='ajaxRequest' , class='MultiField', plugin='multiField' ) to the hooks table.

My best guess is, i think there is a problem in hooks installation at the
    rlPlugin.class.php

Because it inserts first hook to the hooks table (name='ajaxRequest' , class='MultiField', plugin='multiField')

Then it finds second hook with duplicate name (name='ajaxRequest' , class='GeoFilter', plugin='multiField') and it updates previous record, while it should inserts.

I mean, when there are two hook records with the same name at the install.xml, installation module inserts first record and then updates second record on first one.

By the way, please check them if you have time and please add two mentioned features to the plugin (import from file and export to file)
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; April 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread