+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto alert in 4.8.1

Hi Rudi,

I just noticed that the listing type title is blank too. If user want to add alert to any new listing from a listing type.

How to reproduce this
    1. Go to and login to dealer account
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/

2. On the homepage top search box, choose a listing type: motors, property, job, etc. Any thing. I choose Job. Press search and add alert
    Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 11.39.39 AM.png

3. Check Alert page
    Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 11.40.07 AM.png
    The listing type page title is blank so user don't know what they saved. But click on Check alert will show a search request on job
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/j...h-results.html

Hello Wei,

Ok, I'll create a task regarding this issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Wei,

Ok, I'll create a task regarding this issue

Thanks
    No problem Rudi,

If the team found a fix. Would you mind sharing it here so everyone following this thread can apply it.

Thank you so much,

Wei,

Test #1:

Can I confirm the issue you mention above regarding the "listing type title is blank" is what is shown in the attached image?

One question please, I understand that Alerts are only for "EMPTY" (1) Listing Types and/or (2) Categories?

Shouldn't the Alerts feature allow a user to receive Alerts even if there are already listings under the Listing Types and/or Categories?

As always, I appreciate your assistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Can; March 13, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Guru
    I understand that Alerts are only for "EMPTY" (1) Listing Types and/or (2) Categories?

Shouldn't the Alerts feature allow a user to receive Alerts even if there are already listings under the Listing Types and/or Categories?
    Joe, they are not just for Empty Cats, and on my site, you get an alert for any existing listing that fall under the created alert. + I do not think LT come into play only categories.? might be wrong on that one but it only selects from the search filter so unless LT is in that not sure it would work ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete: Thank you for your information. I will proceed with Test #2 to see if it Alerts with existing listings within a category.

Test #1: In regards to Test #1 above (Alert.png), I did receive an Alert with the only the following information:

- Total Matching listings: 1
    - Matching Listing Link: Best House in the City

Not sure if there is suppose to be other information included in this email?

A potential issue I see is if a user has let's say 15 Alerts, he would have to go to the user admin panel to figure out which Alert it was sent to them as the following information is not included in the email Alert:

- Listing Type
    - Category
    - Country (multi-country website)
    - Sub Level I
    - Sub Level II
    - Sub Level III
    - Zip Code
    - Bed Rooms
    - Bath Rooms
    - Square Area

I understand that your website will have other Listing Fields maybe more or maybe less depending on your configuration.
    Last edited by Joe Can; March 13, 2021 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Wei,

Test #1:

Can I confirm the issue you mention above regarding the "listing type title is blank" is what is shown in the attached image?

One question please, I understand that Alerts are only for "EMPTY" (1) Listing Types and/or (2) Categories?

As always, I appreciate your assistance.
    Alert are for any available search. So if I'm able to search a listing type, say housing. Alert would be available for all listings under housing. Or even listing type job in my demo previously.

+ Reply to Thread