+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan / Mortgage Calculator plugin question

Loan / Mortgage Calculator plugin question

My site has a listing type: Housing
    With categories: Room for rent, House for rent, and House for sale.

Of course with the above 3 categories, only House for sale need the Loan / Mortgage calculator.
    On version 4.7.2, I enabled the mortgage calculator, then go the the content box of mortgage calculator, and check:
    - Show box on: View details page
    - Shows in categories: House for sale ONLY

And it works great, only show mortgage cal in listings of House for sale ONLY, no show on Room for rent, and House for rent.

However, after update to 4.8.1, after enable mortgage cal via listing type: housing. The mortgage shows on all categories, including room for rent and house for rent.
    How do I fix this?

Thanks

Have a great week coming up everyone

Hello,

The fact is that starting from 4.8.0 the logic of selecting boxes has been reworked

so enabling a box for categories will display it only on category pages, not including the listing details page

You can rollback the code in includes > classes > rlCommon.class.php > getBlocks() copying it from 4.7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

The fact is that starting from 4.8.0 the logic of selecting boxes has been reworked

so enabling a box for categories will display it only on category pages, not including the listing details page

You can rollback the code in includes > classes > rlCommon.class.php > getBlocks() copying it from 4.7.2
    Hi Rudi,

I don't know why the logic change, it works without any problem before. I did copy the getBlocks() from 4.7.2 to 4.8.1 and while the loan mortgage works as before. All of the sidebar content boxes is disappear. (((((
    Tried copy the whole file of rlCommon.class.php 4.7.2 to 4.8.1 too. Same issue.
    Is there any other file I should revert to make it work as 4.7.2?

it's not a good solution but you can try the following:

in includes > Utils > category.php > public static function getCategory

replace:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    with:
    PHP Code:
    then in rlCommon.class.php > getBlocks() from 4.8.2

find:
    PHP Code:
    a) if you need to display the boxes selected for View Details AND category replace with:
    PHP Code:
    b) if for View Details OR category replace with
    PHP Code:

[QUOTE=Rudi;32535]it's not a good solution but you can try the following:

in includes > Utils > category.php > public static function getCategory

replace:
    PHP Code:
    with:
    PHP Code:
    then in rlCommon.class.php > getBlocks() from 4.8.2

find:
    PHP Code:
    a) if you need to display the boxes selected for View Details AND category replace with:
    PHP Code:
    b) if for View Details OR category replace with
    PHP Code:
    /QUOTE]

Dear Rudi,

You should get a medal for your knowledge and compassion with Flynax. I confirm that your solution work fantastic.

For those who concern. The best option is
    As it works like before in 4.7.2

The option b) will add boxes like category filter to listing detail page. I advice not to use this option.

Thank you for your speedy and complete support.

Is this a bug or do you do you just like the prior version?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Is this a bug or do you do you just like the prior version?
    I'm not sure what to say about this. They changed the logic of showing content box.
    a. If you are OK to have a content box to show on all listing detail pages from all categories, when you click show on view details. Then you don't need this.
    b. If you want to show a content box on 1 or 2, or some but not all categories, when you click show on view details and choose your categories. Then apply Rudi solution above.

Like in my case described above I only want the calculator content box to show ONLY on House for sale.

Understood

Master
    Hi, I tried this method and it works but it show search form in listing detail page? Any update for this code?

+ Reply to Thread