Thread: Category Question

Threaded View

Hi Joe,

I am trying to figure out how Pete has his categories. He says he doesn't create categories, he uses the filter to do it, but I can't figure it out.

Here is my screen cast:

Here is Pete Youngs post regarding his setup:

Brian, There is one other way you could swing this cat.

in your jobs listing type add two categories as you suggested / as you want this way you can make one paid and the other free.

LT > Employment
    Cat > Help Offered (free)
    Cat > Help Wanted (paid)
    Cat > Plus all other categories in employment

But then instead of building duplicate subcategories in those 2 categories, build one listing field for both categories help offered and help wanted and in the listing field would be the names of the sub cats that you want.

So instead of building categories underneath just use a listing field with the cat names in it.

If you want to see how that works go > here < and you will see you are in

LT > Lifestyle
    Cat >> Relationships

and you will see I have 4 subcategories listed

Sub Cats > Marriage
    > Relationships
    > Marriage Counsellors
    > Divorce

All of those 4 subcategories are not categories at all, they are listing field with those options and when people select them it filters to that selected filter, I have renamed everything to Sub Category so they look like subcategories.

With this, I can quickly add new subcategories very fast by just adding a new filter to the category.

I use this system right across my site with all subcategories, hope that might help you?

good luck with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Brian,

Always post screenshots or provide video links; so, it is easier to understand what you are trying to say.

Otherwise, people are just walking in the dark.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 3, 2021 at 03:40 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian