+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Category Question

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I would ask Flynax if using this method will not break your website if there is a future update. I am sure you are okay, but, should ask?
    unless they drop the filter plugin? then I do not see it breaking.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I was thinking along the lines if they changed the logic to the filter plugin as they did with the Loan / Mortgage Calculator plugin recently.

However, I am likely wrong.

Maybe, Rudi can comment.

Hi Pete,

Thank you very much for your detailed video, I am at the 7:50 point in the video where you are about to describe how to do the subcategories using data entries. I *really* do appreciate that video, it goes along with the flow of how I would rather do my categories, because you are right, it's much quicker to just add a data entry and the category is complete. I am going to work in my employment listing type to see how this all works out.

Update: Pete, I have followed your instructional video. My end result (I think has to do with a customization I had done, to only display the category if an ad was posted to it), but under the Employment Subcategories header in the sidebar that I created following your instructional video, it says: No Listings Found, however, in the default category sidebar, it correctly shows 1 listings in the category, so I am not too sure if it's because of the customization, or not, but it seems to me like that is the case.

I *think* that has to do with a customization I had done, but if that is the case, let it be, I wanted the customization, I will not pull back on any customization for something new. I appreciate you instructional video. It was very help for me. Maybe someone else can else can comment? I have a change of heart towards this customization, if it is the case, and a customization can be done, what would it cost to complete?

Thanks again Pete!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 4, 2021 at 04:29 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Once you set it up remember you will need to add those fields (new listing fields) to your build listing form, then you will need to edit any test ads to those new listing fields per se for everything to work properly.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crefr4WRp1
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 4, 2021 at 09:37 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hi Rudi,

I have tried that, but it will add it to the build listing form, but not on the category page (sidebar in the category field sidebar)

It doesn't seem right to add it (category field) to the build listing form, that's for the post ad page, I only want the category sidebar (using fields) on the category pages

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Once you set it up remember you will need to add those fields (new listing fields) to your build listing form, then you will need to edit any test ads to those new listing fields per se for everything to work properly.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crefr4WRp1
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Your above quote is Pete's quote, not Rudi's.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Hi Rudi,

I have tried that, but it will add it to the build listing form, but not on the category page (sidebar in the category field sidebar)

It doesn't seem right to add it (category field) to the build listing form, that's for the post ad page, I only want the category sidebar (using fields) on the category pages

Brian
    it wont add it to categories as it is a list feild, it will add the sub categories (listing field you built) you are trying to create?
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 5, 2021 at 04:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread