+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Data entries import plugin not working with Multifield/Location Filter

Data entries import plugin not working with Multifield/Location Filter

Hi, I'm trying to import "City" locations into "District" field via data entries import plugin.

But it not working...

On the "Data Entries Import" plugin -

Try creating "New" on data entries import, the import seems to be complete but its not showing in data entries.

And also on "Exists" data entries import, can't able to select already added second level parent manually created.

These are the repeats in error log:

32 repeats | Mysql Error: Table 'database.vb_multi_formats_lang_ta' doesn't exist on line# 190 (file: /plugins/multiField/rlGeoFilter.class.php)
    7 repeats | Mysql Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 on line# 137 (file: /includes/classes/rlHook.class.php)

Because of this plugin bug, i can't able to build my site. I have over thousands of data entries to be imported, which can't be done manually bcoz its large.

I created a ticket and the support people saying, "There is no solution yet , we plan to modify the multi-feed plugin for importing nested fields"

I'm waiting for this plugin update for last 6 months, but still no luck...Anyone can help me out here?

Is this really a bug; or, the feature just has not been added to the plugin?

Are these new entries; or, do you have a backup file with the entries already?

I am sure Flynax will get to it as soon as possible; however, there are other people, who have been waiting for some time, who have requested updates, bug fixes, and new features. I am sure they have a plan to proceed with things in a certain order. I have requested improvements and hope they get to them in the near future; so, please, no taking cuts in front of me. Joking of course.

I personally, by hand, entered data for 10 countries with sub-region I, sub-region II, and sub-region III over a couple of weekends. Regardless of the method of entry, you still need to go back and review each piece of data one by one for accuracy. So there are no shortcuts for this step in the setup process.

With another website, I hired a developer to install thousands of locations along with GPS coordinates for a little sum of money. Have you consulted with Flynax about whether they can assist you if you pay for the developer's time? I am not sure if this is possible; but, it is worth a try. I simply gave the WordPress developer an Excel file and they processed the information and uploaded it to my database.

Hello Joe,

Is this really a bug; or, the feature just has not been added to the plugin?
    //Yes, its bug. Its worked fine with the previous versions of Multifield/Location Filter. It just not working with the next updates of this plugin.

I am sure Flynax will get to it as soon as possible; however, there are other people, who have been waiting for some time, who have requested updates, bug fixes, and new features. I am sure they have a plan to proceed with things in a certain order. I have requested improvements and hope they get to them in the near future;
    //Yes, but this is very important thing to get it fixed at top priority.

Are these new entries; or, do you have a backup file with the entries already?
    //These are new entries, if i have backup i could simply import that sql table via phpmyadmin.

I personally, by hand, entered data for 10 countries with sub-region I, sub-region II, and sub-region III over a couple of weekends. Regardless of the method of entry, you still need to go back and review each piece of data one by one for accuracy. So there are no shortcuts for this step in the setup process.
    //Really by hand, ohhhhh! Very hard...

With another website, I hired a developer to install thousands of locations along with GPS coordinates for a little sum of money. Have you consulted with Flynax about whether they can assist you if you pay for the developer's time? I am not sure if this is possible; but, it is worth a try. I simply gave the WordPress developer an Excel file and they processed the information and uploaded it to my database.
    //I will wait for another one or two months, if there's no update to the plugin i will do the data entry one by one manually. There's no way...

Regarding GPS Coordinates, how did you do that? Its for the purpose of Auto Detecting the location right?
    In the data entry, there's no such thing like GPS coordinate, are you talk about something else?

Guys,

I'll try to get to this plugin as soon as I can and come up with some solution until the update releases (for adjusting to multiFied 2.2+)

I'll let you know in this thread

Thanks

Thank you, Rudi

So rolling back to the prior plug won't work?

It will work with multiField <= 2.1.2

Please consider making it multi field with a multi select option in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragash Jayaraman View Post
    Hello Joe,

Regarding GPS Coordinates, how did you do that? Its for the purpose of Auto Detecting the location right?
    In the data entry, there's no such thing like GPS coordinate, are you talk about something else?
    Yes, different software; but, just offering a different potential solution.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Guys,

I'll try to get to this plugin as soon as I can and come up with some solution until the update releases (for adjusting to multiFied 2.2+)

I'll let you know in this thread

Thanks
    Any updates on this Rudi? I still don't know how to import my 2nd and 3rd level locations.

+ Reply to Thread