+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 Free Listing a Month for 12 Months

Post 1 Free Listing a Month for 12 Months

I hope a Flynaxian expert help me confirm if the software allows me to offer the following plan:

- Plan: 1 free listing per month for 12 months (year)

What I do not understand is the following:

- Are my settings correct (see image 1)
    - I want user to be able to only get 1 free plan at a time per account
    - I want user to be able to renew the plan

However, maybe the better way to do this is to not select the "Subscription" option?

It seems that with the current settings a user can keep renewing the plan and get more than one free listing per month?

I think it is possible as Flynax has thought of everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Can; February 10, 2021 at 03:37 PM.

Guru
    Hello Joe, it is not possible to do what you want, with that or any setup that I am aware of. that said it would or should be possible to create a workaround.

The subscription part is for payments such as Paypal if I am correct so you do not need that on.

because you have 1 listing you probably do not need multi listing ?

In theory, your set up will work per se ? not sure if the 0 costs will run but once it has been used it can be reused over and over it will not just stop at one run per se and the way that is set it would just run the one ad and renew it every month for a year.

I will look at some options when I have a few mins for you.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, I have an issue technical difficulties right now; so, I am limited as to what I can test.

The issue I see with the setup is that a user can keep selecting "Renew" and get as many listing as they want, if you are offering a "FREE" package with Multi-Listing packages?

The Single-Listing option does allow "Limit use of listing package" to any number; but, the Multi-Listing does not have this option to select.

Logic: Therefore, I (understand that I CANNOT offer FREE "Single-Listings" as they do not appear on the front end and) CANNOT offer Free "Multi-Listings" as a user can keep renewing without limitation over and over again?

I had expected that the logic would require a free package to be fully used up before a user could "Renew" the very same package.

So based on the above, offering free packages is not an option?

There must be something I am missing as the above logic seems unsound?

EDIT: I now understand that a user CAN select a Single-Listing plan when they select a "Plan" on they "Add Listing" page.

Edit #2: Above logic changed due to the above "Edit".
    Last edited by Joe Can; February 11, 2021 at 01:56 AM.

Guru
    In theory, a single-use with a limit on use would be the same as a package per se, just does not show up that way, but yes if you wanted to offer say 12 free 30 day ads you could do that with a limit of 12, they would not be spaced over 12 separate months is all.

So it could be worded as you get 12 free 30 day ads but not one each month.

I think everybody has different views on this and how it should work, For me I have an unlimited free package for those who want to use it, but the flip side is those listing are placed at the bottom of the list and you can make them with less features as well.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Great, that solve my mystery.

As you suggested, the solution is to offer a "Single-Listing" package with a limit of the number of free listing admin wants to offer.

However, I think the a "Single-Listing" package should appear on the "Purchase a new package" page.

Million thanks for your knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread