+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to remove these fields...

How to remove these fields...

Hi,How do I remove fields / field groups and date from the ad details page? I tried looking in the listing type section where the build forms are located and also in the category forms section. I forgot where the ad details forms are located.

Screenshot:

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Jester; February 6, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I think you mean here:

Admin > Categories > Categories > Click to Build > Build Listing Form

Guru
    1. that is a setting in listings back end where you choose to show date or not.

2. they listing field groups and yes you need to remove those as Joe mentions above.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Joe,

I understand what you mean in the categories / listing form builder, but what I mean is that if I remove the fields from the listing form builder, it will also remove those fields in the categories, I want them in the categories, but I don't want them on the ad listing page as shown in my screenshot. Hope that makes better sense.

Update: I did find the date setting in the basic settings for listings. Thank you for that help guys! I still need to figure out how I would remove those two fields from the image below, but keep them in the categories.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I think you mean here:

Admin > Categories > Categories > Click to Build > Build Listing Form
    Last edited by Brian Jester; February 7, 2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

As I understand it, Flynax only allows us to build the forms shown on image 1.

I believe, anything more complicated than that will require code modification.

Hopefully, Rudi will soon return to assisted us answering a few questions.

image 1.png

Guru
    "I still need to figure out how I would remove those two fields from the image below, but keep them in the categories."

Brian, what is showing is not a listing field, but a "listing field group" when you build a form in the main listing you can choose to drop and drag a "listing feild group" or a "listing field" of which you can place inside of a selected group if you wish to.

You need to open up the category build option and drag the "listing form group" out of the display that you want to be visible and save.

In your case, you have a listing field group called / contact information and location information. you need to drag both of these out of the details section.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Listing field groups can be found here:

Admin > Listings > Field Groups

On this page you can change the names of the Field Groups.
    Last edited by Joe Can; February 8, 2021 at 02:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread