+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banner Box Position...

Banner Box Position...

Hi,

Regarding the banners plugin, where would the banner box be positioned if it is positioned is set to Banner in Grid? I don't have any banners in and I removed a couple of test banners, but I don't really know where to look to find a banner in grid. Someone care to show example?

Update: Also same question but for the between categories banner, where would I see this on display? Reason for me asking is that I need to know what size to allow for these locations.

Update: Also I have tried enabling one of the banner boxes on one of the pages, and it doesn't show, but if I select all the pages in the banner box manager it will then display on the page I want it on. The page in question is the community listing type page, if I just put a check into that box to display a content box there, the community banner box (sidebar) won't display, BUT if I select all the pages in the content box manager for the community content box, THEN the content box will display on that page.

page in question: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...community.html (it does work now, but I have that content box on several other unwanted pages. I just want the content box to display on the one page community.html as I checked it in the content box manager.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; January 29, 2021 at 03:37 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Regarding the banners plugin, where would the banner box be positioned if it is positioned is set to Banner in Grid?

Admin > Common > Basic Settings > Listings > Number of listings per page + Banner space after every + Banner space in listings

Plus banners Box set to banner in grid

----

Also same question but for the between categories banner, where would I see this on display? Reason for me asking is that I need to know what size to allow for these locations.

Banners > Boxes > set top radio button to Between Categories

____

#3 you can select one category or as many as you like but you must not have any pages in the section above selected or it wont work. only select from the pages section, or the category section but never both.

Categories will work if you select all plus some pages above, from memory so try that
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete,

Thank you very much for your explaination, I had a little problem figuring out #3, but I finally figured it out. It's like the content boxes (if I remember correctly) you can have them on the listing type or category pages, but not both. That's exactly how the banner boxes work. I love it when there are people who help out like you.

Thank you so much Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Regarding the banners plugin, where would the banner box be positioned if it is positioned is set to Banner in Grid?

Admin > Common > Basic Settings > Listings > Number of listings per page + Banner space after every + Banner space in listings

Plus banners Box set to banner in grid

----

Also same question but for the between categories banner, where would I see this on display? Reason for me asking is that I need to know what size to allow for these locations.

Banners > Boxes > set top radio button to Between Categories

____

#3 you can select one category or as many as you like but you must not have any pages in the section above selected or it wont work. only select from the pages section, or the category section but never both.

Categories will work if you select all plus some pages above, from memory so try that
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Pete,

Sorry for this message, but I implied in my message that my first and second were answered, but my mistake. I want to know where the banner would appear on the front-end referring to the banner in grid and between categories as I need to know what size I should make the banners for those areas. Your answer to the 3rd question was perfect, I figured it out well.

Thanks again!
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Brian, your banner in grid will appear based on your settings, ie if it is set to show after every 4 listings, then that's where it will show, probably the same sort of thing with banner in the grid (I have never used that myself.

As for size what sort of banner do you want to add? it is really your choice on what size you use, just do some tests to see what works for you.

if you are using AdSense etc that will probably be a script, or there are many set banner size options. experiment to see what works for you.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread