+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geo filtering search bug still there.

Guru

Geo filtering search bug still there.

Hello,
    On my site if you select ' australia' as the location in header search and search for something you get results from united states or shall i say all listings show from all locations.
    I have had this problem numerious times then rudi fixes something and it works for a bit. Now its back again.

Geo filter options are ticked where applicable so it filters.

Dont know what to do anymore, search logic just not work8ng when using main search on header.
    Flynax please look into this.

Please test search with categories selected and not selected, test with diff locations and you will see. Logic is not working.
    Last edited by kiowa; December 26, 2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Boatfind.com
    Boatfind.com.au

Guru
    Never mind, i have decided too keep my sites local. Disabling multifield Geo on my sites.
    Just less headaches. could not get my head around this search logic from the start.

The only thing is the category search that dont work right.
    Last edited by kiowa; December 27, 2020 at 01:51 AM.
    Boatfind.com
    Boatfind.com.au

Guru
    Kiowa, Don't worry about the Multi-Geo, just use filters as it solves all of the location problems (well it has for me) go and test some cats on my site and see how quick and easy it is to use (if you want)

PS site is looking good.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    Hello,
    On my site if you select ' australia' as the location in header search and search for something you get results from united states or shall i say all listings show from all locations.
    I have had this problem numerious times then rudi fixes something and it works for a bit. Now its back again.

Geo filter options are ticked where applicable so it filters.

Dont know what to do anymore, search logic just not work8ng when using main search on header.
    Flynax please look into this.

Please test search with categories selected and not selected, test with diff locations and you will see. Logic is not working.
    Note that in the last versions of the plugin the geo filter is not supported on the results page anymore (I already mentioned it once)

because it may confuse users using location fields on the search form and it doesn't make sense

+ Reply to Thread