+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WordPress Plugin Usability

Post WordPress Plugin Usability

At am to the point where I need to write short articles to explain various content added to my website.

Unfortunately, the Flynax default "News" writer does not have the ability to categorize News according to its subject.

I previously asked Rudi if it was possible if categories would be added to the News writer in the future; however, he did not say yes or no, so I assumed the answer was no.

This basically leaves us with the one option of using WordPress to write articles that's if we want them categorized.

Can anyone using the WordPress Plugin help me understand the following:

1. Can integrating WordPress and Flynax be done successfully or is it a load of problems?

2. I imagine integrating requires modifying the WordPress template to look like the Flynax website.
    Is there any solution to this?

Your advice is appreciated.

Hello,

1. There should be no problems if you follow the instructions from the manual, otherwise you can create a ticket

2. It depends on what WordPress content you need to display, but I don't think it's necessary

I just recently installed the wordpress plugin. It didn't work out of the box but Vladimir was very helpful and helped me out via ticket. I think there was problem with the flynax bridge wordpress plugin.
    Overall
    1. After getting it to work its OK. It shows all recent wordpress post in a content box on flynax site
    2. Does not matter. You can have wordpress site with different theme if you like. It does not effect the functionality, just the look. All the plugin do was showing wordpress post on flynax site and flynax listing on wordpress site.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Good to know it works "OK" after getting it up and running.

2. I suppose I could settle with WordPress using a different theme.

What is needed for WordPress and Flynax to use the same theme?
    I imagine someone needs to design a WordPress template to resemble the Flynax theme?
    Probably too much work than someone is willing to take on.
    Last edited by Joe Can; December 4, 2020 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post

I imagine someone needs to design a WordPress template to resemble the Flynax theme?
    Even Flynax itself has different themes with different looks. So if you want your wordpress to have the same looks/themes as your flynax you have to custom it of course, it's not required but it's up to you. I myself use divi theme.

Guru

I built for better words the blog into the flynax script so everything works as one, I can post blog posts into any category alongside and in conjunction with the classifieds, I had Viktor custom build/allow for fields to be admin only in the listings, this means as an admin I see fields that the regular members do not see allowing me to add longer fields to place my posts per se.

https://quietsecrets.net/dating/secr...uccess-52.html

one example.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I myself use divi theme.
    May I ask what is a "divi theme"?

Wei,

Before going forward, May I confirm a WordPress template needs to be created to match the Flynax template.

Probably, the only thing that must match is the top header portion of the website.

I want to make sure I am taking the correct path forward.

As always, thanks for your assistance.

May I ask what is a "divi theme"?

Wei,

Before going forward, May I confirm a WordPress template needs to be created to match the Flynax template.

Probably, the only thing that must match is the top header portion of the website.

I want to make sure I am taking the correct path forward.

As always, thanks for your assistance.
    divi theme is a wordpress builder theme you can look it up with divi elegantthemes, very flexible where you drag and drop and edit color, font, size and stuff.
    Again templates does not need to match between flynax and wordpress. You can have 2 completely different template for flynax and wordpress. The plugin function was just to show the listing from flynax in wordpress via widget, and wordpress post in flynax site via a content box.

Does anyone know the recommended dimensions for the blog image on Flynax?

Is there a setting to adjust the image size?

Currently, it is looking awfully stretched.

+ Reply to Thread