+ Reply to Thread

Thread: home page don't get back to the full list

home page don't get back to the full list

Hi

I see a problem when user click on the ads to see the ads the page set the location to the ads and when the user click on home the user can not get out without deleting the location manual from the location box to see all the ads
    so the page will only show ads from the last visited ads on the home list !
    Firts Visit : home_first_visit.png
    click ads to see it : visit_ads.png
    after go back to home page : home_back_after_first_visit.png

thats should be not this way
    I was just wondering why so many people are leaf and i think this was the reason
    is there anyway to fix this ?

when you click on the home button that it shows all the ads from all location !

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Olcay Birgun; November 17, 2020 at 08:10 AM.

Hello,

It depends on how you configured geo-filtering for pages in Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Filtering Listings/Accounts on Pages

enable/disable the pages for filtering

Hi Rudi,

thanks for the replay and for the help

And i have now disable on the geo-filtering for pages in Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Filtering Listings/Accounts on Home and all other category's
    when you come back to home page it is now display all ads from all lokation but it is still some problem!

let say i have disable the home page for the location filter that seems working when you came back from the ads, BUT !
    the location filter still selected on the visited ads on the sidebar

example i have visit the ads that was locate in turkey/akdeniz/mersin

when i come back to the home page you see all the ads from all location on the home page, what is ok!
    but the loaction filter on the sidebar still set to "turkey/akdeniz/mersin"

Now when you click on the top menu on the "Real estate" button then "Real estate" page shows nothing
    because the location settings still at "turkey/akdeniz/mersin" and there are no ads adding from this location!

Ok let say i disable also the category from the location settings

then : when you add a location on the filter box it shows allways all ads from all location! The location filter are not working for this category, because i disable it.

i see that url can be reseted with this url >"https://domain.com/?reset_location"< please can you tell me where i can set this url on the menu and logo so when the user click to home page or logo to go back that this link will be used

normally when you visited a ads the location would not be added to the filter
    only if you select the filter location

cheers!
    Last edited by Olcay Birgun; November 17, 2020 at 11:15 AM.

found it thanks

Unfortunately, it doesn't work as you expect

because, by default, it applies geo filter from user location if enabled in Basic Settings > Geo Filter > Auto detection of user location

until the user resets it via Location Filter box or sets his own location

and the filter works with enabled pages in Filtering Listings/Accounts on Pages

or it will require a customization to change the logic according to your request

Rudi thanks

i see but i think this is not the way it should working if i look to the other site you can see all the ads from all location and if you change the settings in the filter it shows the location ads only

anyway i have add a option in the location filter where the user can click on it and it resets the setting and go back to the home page with all location !

cheers!

+ Reply to Thread