+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Add Country / State / City of "On Map"?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    I used to not like General nova template, now i use it as my main site. i changed it the way i like it to be more crisp.
    Boatfind.com
    Site is looking good.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    All colours and layouts (in most cases) can be changed around so editing basic colour themes and look etc is an easy fix in most cases. (just my view) . Just copy your template so keep an original / backup and then work away at it and you can get some good outcomes but it does take time.

Flynax will never get an out of the box design/colour, text layout for everyone at one time because we are all different, so best to just slowly modify over time. Tip if you going to do this

1. grab a notepad of sorts and just write down the changes as you do them so if you need to backtrack you can
    2. always download your file before editing it, so if your in cpanel and about to work on say your css, quickly hit the download button before opening and editing that way if you fluff it you have and a instant back up and restore.
    Yes like Pete said we can change minor stuff like size, color, add shadow etc. That's why I'm abit let down when the olx does not have much changes compare to the nova. I was hoping something with major outline changes like craiglist clone or realty wide stuff. The craiglist clone is actually have a lot of changes

I think what some people are saying is that we need less of what we can change and more of what we can't change.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I think what some people are saying is that we need less of what we can change and more of what we can't change.
    Ok yes, I can see that side of it too, for that if it is super important people can choose to pay for a modification of sorts, I think I have paid for 4 or 5 mods on my site as it is now. Yes, I also see that people want other templates and I guess there will always be someone that wants something different let's hope there is a good balance for all moving forward.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Not really. We can always change color or minor stuff via css regardless. In my personal opinion I want a "new" template which have different layout, new features, changes, instead of color change only. Not sure about other people, the new template is pretty much identical to the old Nova template. Only added the category drop down on homepage, and moving the subscribe content box at the footer.
    This is why I said craiglist clone is a real different template.

See this listing page for example
    https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/p...ave-25-60.html
    Choose the template demo on the top left: NOVA and OLX looks the same. Only color change, which we can do our self if we know some css. Same for all other page except homepage with some changes I mentioned above.

Not meaning to bring any negativity, just construction opinion for flynax to develop new attractive template which we want to pay for.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; November 1, 2020 at 05:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread