+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add Country / State / City of "On Map"?

Guru
    here,s my take.

Flynax should design a template according to customer inputs, should do a survey on worpress style templates, classified busineses and the likes.

We need Fresh crisp Templates, Graphics and Content.

Although this is an OLX template, cant say it appeals to me. But i do like the Category dropdown from the icons on the home page.
    If you go to OLX their sites are plain aswell. But i guess theres method to their designs.

Agree with Kiowa.

Make what users want; not, what it is perceived we want?

Master
    A new template would also be good for a real estate script. And it wouldn't hurt to have the template optimized well either, because the current templates are very much scored by google unfortunately.

"If you go to OLX their sites are plain aswell. But i guess theres method to their designs."

As I understand, OLX is powered by GeoCore.
    GeoCore stopped developing their software about 4 years ago.
    Therefore, their design is based on at least a 4 year-old design; however, modified.
    Nowadays, we believe more bells, whistles, sparkers, glitter, chrome, and gold is better.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    humh I did take a look at the new olx template demo and in my honest opinion. It's pretty much the same as the General Nova, with minor changes on homepage. Listing list have a new content box to search on map. Then pretty much everything is the same just different color. Listing detail page looks the same.
    The color combo is not cool as well. The old general nova might be a better looking one.
    That's my thoughts. What are you guys thinking?
    I noticed exactly the same.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    humh I did take a look at the new olx template demo and in my honest opinion. It's pretty much the same as the General Nova, with minor changes on homepage. Listing list have a new content box to search on map. Then pretty much everything is the same just different colour. Listing detail page looks the same.
    The color combo is not cool as well. The old general nova might be a better-looking one.
    That's my thoughts. What are you guys thinking?
    All colours and layouts (in most cases) can be changed around so editing basic colour themes and look etc is an easy fix in most cases. (just my view) . Just copy your template so keep an original / backup and then work away at it and you can get some good outcomes but it does take time.

Flynax will never get an out of the box design/colour, text layout for everyone at one time because we are all different, so best to just slowly modify over time. Tip if you going to do this

1. grab a notepad of sorts and just write down the changes as you do them so if you need to backtrack you can
    2. always download your file before editing it, so if your in cpanel and about to work on say your css, quickly hit the download button before opening and editing that way if you fluff it you have and a instant back up and restore.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I don't like the button design.
    Too square and bulky.

Guru
    You can change button size and border radius of buttons in css. like pete said, you can change the whole look if you sit and play around with the css.
    You will be supprised how much you can change the look without hard coding.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I don't like the button design.
    Too square and bulky.
    Yes as Kiowa mentioned, there is literally nothing you can not change per se, colour, size shape if you explore there really is not much that can not be changed to a point that it looks nothing like the original template.

Start with a template that has a layout you like, the bones are good but the makeup you then apply can be limitless.

Edit: Added my site to my signature (I have kept it private for a while but thought I would now share it) so go take a look at the buttons and layout. The site is far from finished but this is the standard General Nova template modified.
    Last edited by Pete Young; October 30, 2020 at 10:09 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    I used to not like General nova template, now i use it as my main site. i changed it the way i like it to be more crisp.
    Boatfind.com

+ Reply to Thread