+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CRITICAL PLAN BUG: incorrect calculation and featured status removed if renew regular

The last time I experienced this issue was with GeoCore Classifieds.

Shortly thereafter they went out of business.

Their problem, and likey with Flynax, was their code was significantly outdated and required significant work to fix small issues.

The failure to fix these bugs caused users to start posting many negative online reviews causing them to lose significant sales.

I knew the writing was on the wall after encountering an issue such as this.

I imagine that Flynax is allowing for refunds given this critical error that cannot be fixed?

Guru
    Joe I would not place GeoCore in the same basket as Flynax. At the start I was also confused with flynax and the team so I understand that. But I will say the team here are great, they are committed to building the best and like any business it takes time, years and still even then there is work to do.

I have no issues with the team here with trust and or future direction, for new people grab the latest version and if any problems have it fixed then move on. I do not think there is one problem in flynax that can not be fixed or worked around for now that I am aware of? so they should then focus on building out their business and fixing a a few issues is part of anywebsite.

I can say with honesty that the flynax team have 100% fixed any issue I have had on my site in a prompt and business like way and that thier service has been without any question.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Joe is new here but very engaging. His registration date is just a couple months ago so it's very normal for him to judge Flynax based on the latest issues and how Flynax responsed to it.
    I'm sure other new users will see the same thing. Including me, if I was new.

But I also agree with Pete since I was here for years and years. We helped tested, reported bugs and helping new users on forum here and there.
    I have worked with almost every Flynax staffs. Most likely Viktor, Curtis, John, Rudi, Valery, Dmitry, Vladimir, Alan. And have been having good services. I have paid a lot extra for support and customizes too. Flynax is by far the best, I can tell you that Joe in my experiences.

I just for this time don't understand why they did not fix the issue. This is the only time.
    Although I recall the other time when I raised the issue of listing not bumping to top after user renewed it. The staff disagreed with me and I had a tough time explaining, at the end they agreed and implemented it as Flynax default. Like: who would want to renew a listing if it is still burried in old pages 30, 40 something right. Anyway it's another topic.

I just want to share with you my 2 most difficult issues with Flynax. Most of the others were OK.

I agree with you two. I also have no issues with the team. So far they are great.

My issues are the documentation and various bugs being encountered.

I await improvement.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    I agree with you two. I also have no issues with the team. So far they are great.

My issues are the documentation and various bugs being encountered.

I await improvement.
    Joe, I am also not a fan of the documentation, I am installing a new plugin now with no instructions and am 100% frustrated that flynax do not put a guide with it, it seems they think everybody knows everything as they do. it's like IKEA putting out flat packs with no instructions.

This is something that everybody has been asking for for years, also most if not all have been saying slow down and get what you have working properly in a stable platform for years as well.

Both of these things still need focus from flynax but I suppose I have learnt to try and focus on what is in my control and let flynax focus on what they can control.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Here is a temporary and simple solution regarding the problem with RENEWING LISTING WITH DIFFERENT DURATION PLAN:

go to templates > tpl > blocks > my_listing.tpl:

find:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and replace with:
    Code:
    Last edited by Rudi; October 21, 2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Corrections

Hi Rudi, thanks for working on this one. Can you describe the outcome of your temp solution and why is would only be considered as such?

As I understand, this is but one of several issues.

Also, users have decided not to test with other plugins until this issue is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Here is a temporary and simple solution regarding the problem with RENEWING LISTING WITH DIFFERENT DURATION PLAN:

go to templates > tpl > blocks > my_listing.tpl:

find:
    Code:
    and replace with:
    Code:
    Thanks Rudi, I will try this out when I have time during weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jupp View Post
    Hi Rudi, thanks for working on this one. Can you describe the outcome of your temp solution and why is would only be considered as such?
    Also interested in the outcome as Graham asked, but I assume it will add the duration correctly instead of subtracting in 1 case or adding both of the plan duration in another case.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    As I understand, this is but one of several issues.

Also, users have decided not to test with other plugins until this issue is resolved.
    Yea Joe, although this is by far the most important issue since it effects almost every user. As normally, user would offer more than 1 plan and mostly have different duration in each plan. Once these are fixed we can confidently help Flynax test on new developing plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jupp View Post
    Hello,

The simplicity of this solution is that the script calculates and saves duration of different packages correctly, see screenshot Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.23.46 PM.png

but displays it incorrectly due to the additional calculation in rlListings.class.php > getMyListings()

this code should be improved in the next update so that it wouldn't affect the "Active Till" date

for now, it's enough to change a piece of code in the .tpl file
    Last edited by Rudi; October 20, 2020 at 09:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread