+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding a row to the table when "creating an ad".

Adding a row to the table when "creating an ad".

How justified is it to create a record in the table whenever you click the "add ad" button?

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    I just clicked add many times and the number of lines increased.

Is there any solution to avoid this. Or I'll have to look at and change the code.

In this table, I will remove the extra rows and reset AUTO_INCREMENT to the desired value. I'm just wondering if this behavior can be prevented somehow. Because for me ID (strings) is also important.

P.S. Did a little research. We can greatly reduce this behavior by allowing posting of ads after registration. Then apparently only one line is created. If I go through the categories and click on "add", then the category id will change in the line. No more lines are created, only one.

Nevertheless, is it so important to create it too?
    Last edited by Eugeniy; October 5, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Hello,

By default, when clicking any category on add-listing page, only one line is created while the user session is expired

so I don't think there is a problem

also, bots can create empty listings, for that you need to use Bot Blocker plugin

or you can switch to standard mode of adding listings: Common > Basic Settings > Listings > Posting ads in one step > disable

Yes, I did it. Disabled creation for unregistered. The question is closed, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread