+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General nova Main menu

General nova Main menu

Hello.

I want to remove links to "Listing Types" from the main menu at the top of the page. I know it could be done by unchecking here:
    pages -> edit pages -> Show page link in
    But how to do this by leaving this checked?
    Seems that modifications should be made to this file:
    /templates/general_nova/tpl/menus/main_menu.tpl

Untitled.png
    Untitled2.png

Guru
    ? why do you want to leave it checked but not show ? confused
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Because I have customizations that require that this checkbox not to be uncheched. If I uncheck, it affects my customization. So I want to remove the "Listing Type" links from the main menu by source code modification. Basically I want that the main menu shows all kind links exepts "Listing Type" links.

Guru
    Ok try this > not sure if it will work properly ? (always make a backup of files before changing them please) +nwrite down the changes so if you need to reverse you can?

Go to your template > CSS > Bootstrap > 1475

and find below

@media (min-width: 992px)
    .d-lg-flex {
    display: -ms-flexbox !important;

and change to

.d-lg-flex {
    display: none;

or the other way is to block n add as in

.d-lg-flex {
    /*display: -ms-flexbox !important;*/
    display: none;

I am not sure if this will hide the home and display on map? (it probably will) as I do not have those options on my site but you could manually add some HTML to the header for those 2 ? maybe

If that does not work yell out.

I think that rather than to try and fix or modify something that does work, for me I would look at the original modification ( where if you uncheck it changes modifications) and fix that problem, otherwise you are just opening cans of worms after each other.
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 28, 2020 at 11:52 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Thank you Pete,
    Unfortunately, this hides all menu. Including Home, Search, etc.

I guess changes should be made here. Maybe can create a foreach exception. Just an idea. I don't know if this can be done.
    /templates/general_nova/tpl/menus/main_menu.tpl Line: 12

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

Guru
    I have customizations that require that this checkbox not to be uncheched. If I uncheck, it affects my customization.
    what are these can we look at re working this part, that would be your best option that I can see.

Here is that customization. It only shows "Listing Category" links in the category menu.
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....-Category-menu

This is the code what Rudi gave and it shows only "Listing Category" links.
    Code:
    And this is the original code which shows full menu.
    Code:
    Is it possible to modify it to show everything except the "Listing Category" links?
    Otherwise, unchecking checkboxes in the settings will make these links disappear in both menus.

Guru
    will send a PM

Rudi, could you take a look at this?
    I've made some changes and got what I need. Now this script show all kind links in the main menu except "Listing Category" links but I can't figure out how to assign the "Post ad" link with the "+" symbol.
    Untitled.png

This is the updated script:

Code:

Hello,

Below:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    add a line:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code

+ Reply to Thread