+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Featured listing flaw?

We need to get an official response from Fltnax so we can adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Trying to get these packages working and only one word after now 2 days is frustrated, it should not be a exercise to get this right, guys can we get a fix on this please this should not be mission impossible.

Logic error occurred, contact Flynax support please...
    Yea now you know how I felt when I tested and created those reports years ago. That's ton of work and yet was not taken seriously. Not too many people found out about this since this mostly come from customer stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    We need to get an official response from Fltnax so we can adjust accordingly.
    I'm still waiting patiently. I was hoping whoever customers are using Flynax and offering paid listing plan would push this to be fixed. As it will make their customers who paid angry for not getting what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Logic error occurred, contact Flynax support please...
    Hello,

Can you give some steps on how to reproduce this error?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

Can you give some steps on how to reproduce this error?
    Yes Rudi I have done a quick video for you and I will PM it to your message box for you, thank you for any help.

Pete
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

After 4 pages of discussion, still no official response from Flynax team. Not sure what is the problem.
    I will arrange my schedule and spend this weekend testing on the new version 4.8.1 regarding the changing plan bug, and featured plan issue, addressed here in 2018:
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs

Then create a new thread with a more catching title like this one: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....k-as-it-should

I will try to make it as simple and as short and easy to understand as possible, with my limited English sadly. ((

The reason why I haven't push this for years was because my site is pretty much only me and a few friends testing. If it's getting more popular this definitely will create huge confusion to customers. It's really time both Flynax and Flynax site owners look into this issue seriously.
    ((((

Flynax needs to stop selling the plugin as it diceptive advertising.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    After 4 pages of discussion, still no official response from Flynax team. Not sure what is the problem.
    I will arrange my schedule and spend this weekend testing on the new version 4.8.1 regarding the changing plan bug, and featured plan issue, addressed here in 2018:
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs

Then create a new thread with a more catching title like this one: CRITICAL FLAW: Renew upgrade feature doesn't work as it should
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....k-as-it-should

I will try to make it as simple and as short and easy to understand as possible, with my limited English sadly. ((

The reason why I haven't push this for years was because my site is pretty much only me and a few friends testing. If it's getting more popular this definitely will create huge confusion to customers. It's really time both Flynax and Flynax site owners look into this issue seriously.
    ((((
    Wei, I have been able to create an option that is working and will allow people to get underway with the existing system, I plan to post the solution up soon, just been flat out busy with 100 fires going at once.

I am also sure flynax will sort things, they have been very good at helping and sorting things lately, so I see a positive result on the horizon.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    Hello Wei / All, below is a combination if the things that do work and will allow you (or anyone) to get a system up and running of sorts without problems.

1. First forget about the upgrade to featured for now as it is problematic to use as it does not add days onto the time frame making it a nightmare to use.

So instead of that simply use straight Standard or Featured listing options but not the Upgrade options.

2. (For Me) I ended up dumping the Monetizer because trying to get all of that sorted plus the many bugs in the Listing packages became to confusing, so for now I have left them be and will come back to Monetizer after the Listing packages are sorted. NB: The Monetizer seems like a good plugin and not saying anything bad about it, just I was trying to sort one thing to get that work in a way so I removed that as a possible problem.

3. You can use the single listing package, I have set one up on a use as many times as you want for free with just the option to add images and as a standard listing. (My plan is to use this as a lure or freeby to help bring people into the site and use it.

4. I then added 2 multi listing packages, but here it is important to note that when using multi listing (for me and probably you) that if you have either the standard or featured option set to 0 (or endless usses that the system fails and causes errors.

So the only way to use multi level is to ensure you have numbers in both the Standard and Featured sections to avoid this happening.

What I did in my example was set the featured to 4 and then I also set the Standard to 4 and the in that package I allowed for mirroring, and a video, I then sold it as you are buying the 4 featured listing options and you are getting 4 upgraded standard option as a bonus per se.

I then simply made a bigger package based on the same thinking for 16 listings

the first Package i will charge $4 for or a $1 each and the second I will set at $12 or .75c each, and I could make and add a bigger package if required.

5. What is 100% important is that your times stay the same across all packages and types, so in that I have chosen 90 days, so all packages / listings run for 90 days, that free, standard and featured listings and by doing this the system stays in tune, you can choose to upgrade per say to featured and the system ads 90 and upgrades to featured and does not miss a beat. everything works as it should.

There is only one small fault that we can live with and that is if somebody moves from featured to a standard listing before the featured option expires then they loose any remaining featured options, so I have covered this off with a text box placed on the upgrades page.

This set up I have tested over and over and it works without fail and everything does not have a problem.

So, do not use upgrade to featured, use single options ok and multi so long as both standard and featured have numbers and all works well.

My Info supplied for Multi packages (the wording might change as I refine) placed in the listing info box

Members (Featured * 4) Price $4. This package contains 4 Featured Listings, all listings live for 90 days and include, 5 pictures, 1 video + 3 mirror listings (allows for (3) mirror categories, in which your listings can also be displayed.) Featured Listings are displayed at the top of all listings in last updated order + all featured listings are displayed in our extra banner spots (related to its chosen categories) located at the top left of each page giving you maximum exposure to your products and or services.

+ 4 Bonus Upgraded Standard Listings, all listings live for 90 Days and include, 5 pictures, 1 video + 3 mirror listings (allows for (3) mirror categories, in which your listings can also be displayed.) Standard Listings are displayed below the Featured listing in last updated order.
    My info on the upgrade page is

Important: Where possible you should avoid Renewing/Downgrading your listing from a Featured to a Standard listing while your Featured listing is still active, as you will lose any featured time/exposure remaining on that featured listing by doing so. For the best practices, let your featured listing expire before downgrading to a standard listing.

NOTE I have sent Rudi a video of some of the problems I have found and I am confident that these guys will get this sorted and that for me anyway they have been fantastic with support (the whole team) so for now there is a workaround that does allow people to move forward with a simple workable system until this is sorted in full.

Also Note I chose 90 days because that is what works for me, (mainly because 90 * 4 (my 4 pack) would gve people approx a years worth of listings if they had one ad per say) so please choose your own numbers that you and or your business.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 16, 2020 at 10:08 AM.

Guru
    Thank you so much Pete, this is awsome example and info!

I recommend that your email templates also contains some language.There are about 10 templates relating to these issues.

+ Reply to Thread