+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Featured listing flaw?

Hybrid View

Featured listing flaw?

Featured listing is one attractive service no doubt. But there is a flaw?

say your listing is expired in 1 days and you feel needs to make it feature with the 5 days featured. You paid for it. And it's went up featured

After 1 days the listing is expired and gone, but wait you still have 4 more days featured paid. It all go to wasted.

My suggestion: Please add the option to add extra live durations from paid featured plan to current active duration.
    With the above example with 1 last day active, then paid for a 5 days featured then the listing should be extend to be active for 5 more days.

Edit: I forgot to mention that upon renewing listing using a none-featured plan, you will end up losing featured status of your listing. If you have it.
    So continue with the example above, customer realize that even paid with a 5 days featured plan, the listing still expired after 1 day. Disappointed but want to save the featured paid money by renewing the plan with none-feature plan. Featured status is ERASED upon doing this, leaving customers confused.
    My in-dept testing thread: *https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs
    Last edited by Wei Hong; September 11, 2020 at 05:57 AM.

Guru
    ? it should be adding 5 days on update ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    ? it should be adding 5 days on update ?
    Hi Pete, it doesn't add 5 more days with 5 days featured plan. I forgot to add this. But after this point of paid for featured plan and realized the listing still expired. If user try to renew listing using regular plan, the featured status is GONE. Wasted of money and confused customers

Guru
    is this with the "update to featured" type option ? it should be adding any days added ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

is this with the "update to featured" type option ? it should be adding any days added ?
    Yes this is the update to featured type options and it does not adding days.

Guru
    Sure, I remeber having the same problem with that ages ago, I think if you instead of using upgrade option just have a free or paid option that would correct the situation?

I would need to test but instead of Upgrade to featured for 5 days, just have a 5 day featured plan, this would add then a 5 day featured run ? but I would need to double check this, it has been a while,

from memory I sent it all into flynax on a ticket and had them fix it all.

Pete

Ps I will be testing soon so will report my findings here for you.

Sure, I remeber having the same problem with that ages ago, I think if you instead of using upgrade option just have a free or paid option that would correct the situation?

I would need to test but instead of Upgrade to featured for 5 days, just have a 5 day featured plan, this would add then a 5 day featured run ? but I would need to double check this, it has been a while,

from memory I sent it all into flynax on a ticket and had them fix it all.

Pete

Ps I will be testing soon so will report my findings here for you.
    Yes that's a possible fix. But as I remember if you have different duration plan, they mixed up really bad with the active period. I need to test again, just tired to think about that as I spent ton of time testing and writing report everytime new version came out. But it hasn't been fixed since version 4.6.2, when I found it.
    Here was the post I made in 2018
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs

So I ended up offer only 1 plan in my site. To avoid this bug.

Any advice on how to avoid?

Does this apply to listing packages or membership plans or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Any advice on how to avoid?

Does this apply to listing packages or membership plans or both?
    I have not test on membership plan yet. But I assume they has the same problem. Here is how to avoid the problems I report back in 2018

1. Don't offer featured plan. Bugs:
    - The featured status mixed up with the regular active period. Renew or upgrade regular active period, let's say your listing is expiring soon or not, you renew the listing, your featured status is gone no matter what.
    * I suggested a separated counter for featured status, so if you add more active day it does not remove the featured day. And a main counter that combine regular and featured.

2. Don't offer more than 1 plan. Bugs:
    - If you used plan A, then renew with plan B, your active counter will either get subtract, or incorrect added.
    * I suggested simple solution, to just add what every duration upon the active time.

Just use 1 plan only and no feature, you will be fine. Customers would not have an chance seeing those bug
    Last edited by Wei Hong; September 10, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread