+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Featured & Multi-Country

Post Featured & Multi-Country

Does Flynax sort featured ads by country/state?

- Examples:

- A user places a featured ad in the USA, Would the featured ad appear if I am searching Canada?
    - A user places a featured ad in Washington State, Would it appear if I am searching Oregon?

I am referring to the featured ads added to content boxes.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Joe Can; September 6, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no such feature by default

you can use geo filter from Muiltifield plugin which filters all listings by particular location

That sounds like a good feature Joe.

Thanks for submitting that idea! I hope they will add that to the content boxes.

Even by city because if you are doing local ads, that could be another good feature. Same as what Joe suggested, but also include featured ads (via content box) for cities as well.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I imagine, but don't know, that users are not using featured ads content boxes for this very reason.

If I was a user who placed a featured Ad in a Content Box for a property in Seattle, Washington, I would ask why is this ad being displayed to someone searching for property in Mexico.

I suppose this would not matter if your website was targeting one city or if you were selling a product?

More practically, from an administrator's perspective:

- the featured ad is not targeting the right target audience
    - if the featured ad is targeting the right target audience is is being overshadowed by many untargeted ads

I wonder, if the following Flynax features operate the same way:

- Banner Advertisements
    - Most Recent Advertisements

Guru
    ? there should be a way to sort that ? will do some testing ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    If you use the filter options there is no problems with only featured etc types they all seem to work ok for me ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Pete,

Are you referring to featured ads in content boxes using multi-country / city?

Guru
    using listing boxes and filter countries/states/cities ?

listing boxes can be featured, new, random popular and top rating ?

not sure if we are on same page ?

If an admin goes to Listings > Listing Types > Edit >Tabbed Data Settings > Checks Featured Box and enter the name "Featured Land for Sale" (FLfS).

Now admin goes to Content > Content Boxes and adds the FLfS Content Box to the Land Listing Type page.

Afterward, 1 user places a FLfS advertisement in country A and 50 users place FLfS ads in countries B, C, D, E, F.

The question is, If I am searching for Land in country A, will the 50 other FLfS advertisements from countries B, C, D, E, F appear in the FLfS Content Box?

If the answer to the question is "Yes", then the FLfS advertisement in country A is overshadowed by the 50 FLfS advertisement in countires B, C, D, E, F.
    Last edited by Joe Can; September 8, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

Guru
    Joe Can, disable that function you are talking about. in listing types.

Instead use listing boxes to display your featured ads instead and all should work fine.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread