+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phone field format not for multiple countries

Guru

Phone field format not for multiple countries

hello,
    So i target different countries, what happens to the phone field format now?
    How do you accommodate different countries with different phone formats?

I thought about creating a numeric field instead but how can you type " +44(0)7365517199 " in a numeric field?

This is a huge issue.

Just got a listing from the UK and they could not use the phone number format because i sort off set it up for australia.

What can be done?

thanx

Guru
    how can i increase the last field of the phone number from 8 to accept 10 digits?

Hello,

it will require some modifications to configure phone field with the format you need

but you can disable Code part for you phone and

then via Link to Data Entries bind your data entry with a list of country codes

and your phone input on the form will look like: [dropdown field with codes] - [phone number]

to extend your phone number length go to public_html > admin > tpl > blocks > fields > add_edit_form.tpl > find input by name="phone[phone_length]"

change:

maxlength="1"

to:

maxlength="2"

Since this is about phone field, I want to remind that the phone extension won't work when display on listing detail. Clicking on it return incorrect number. Phone without extension is OK.

Guru
    Ok much appreciated Rudi. I will try this on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Since this is about phone field, I want to remind that the phone extension won't work when display on listing detail. Clicking on it return incorrect number. Phone without extension is OK.
    The task about this issue already exists and will be solved in the next update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    The task about this issue already exists and will be solved in the next update

Thanks
    Thank you for your fast response Rudi

+ Reply to Thread