+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change image resize method from server to client

Change image resize method from server to client

Currently, image resize is done in server side by flynax script. Please change it to client side using javascript.
    We are losing our bandwidth and storage very fast.
    The script uploads Original image file, then resize it to two image files; a large one and a small thumbnail. All done in server!
    It is better to resize original image at client side and upload only resized and thumbnail ones.
    I don't understand, why you use server side method; because it is an advertising script with many daily images uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Currently, image resize is done in server side by flynax script. Please change it to client side using javascript.
    We are losing our bandwidth and storage very fast.
    The script uploads Original image file, then resize it to two image files; a large one and a small thumbnail. All done in server!
    It is better to resize original image at client side and upload only resized and thumbnail ones.
    I don't understand, why you use server side method; because it is an advertising script with many daily images uploading.
    I do not have knowledge regarding this sever/client side but it's obviously a better option to have the script done clientside to save resources. Thumb up for this.

I like the idea of resizing client side for efficiency, especially since cell phone images are getting so large!
    Is a new iphone 15 photo around 10 MB each? If you allow say 15 images, that's 150 MB per listing uploaded and having to be processed on the server, when you are only going to display a fraction of that.

However, I would worry that the client side resize may break on some devices causing issues.

Would love to hear if you've found any good ways of doing this that are trouble free over the last few years.

+ Reply to Thread