+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New features and bug fixes for Flynax Updates

  1. #1

    New features and bug fixes for Flynax Updates

    Current Version: 4.8.1
    Hi guys, it's the time again to send in your voices to make Flynax script better. Please comment below your opinions.
    I'm first

    SUGGESTED CORE FUNCTIONS:
    1. Rotate images after uploaded to listings. Many pictures are taken by phone and many of them are up side down and side way.
    2. Click to choose images as thumbnail images.
    3. Separator while typing on number fields on pc, tablet, and mobile. For example if you type on the number fields: 1000000, it should show 1,000,000 as you type.
    4. More friendly method for selecting location
    Discussed here: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ads-or-even-pc

    SUGGESTED PLUGINS FUNCTIONS:
    1. Comparison table field arrangement: Currently if the first listing has any field empty, that field would be place at the bottom.
    - Discussed here: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....le-arrangement
    2. Filter: option to apply all fields with one click. Right now you have to click each fields one by one.
    3. Filter: ability to make checkbox options appear in order. For example you have room for rent and the options order from most important to less: Electricity, Water, Wifi, Wash, Dry. They should stay in order rather than from most picked.
    4. Filter location URL shorter. Currently we have: domain.com/location:USA/location-level1:California/location-level2:Los+Angeles. Please add option so admin can assign the location url for each level so it looks more clean: domain.com/country:USA/state:California/city:Los+Angeles/

    CURRENT BUGS:
    1. Phone number with extension does not work properly. When you view a listing detail page and tap on it, it gives weird combination of number. Phone with no extension works OK.
    - Discussed here: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....with-extension
    2. Bookmarks and share plugin on PWA. Upon clicking on a social platform for example facebook, twitter, hit back and click on other social platform, it won't do anything. On mobile browser it does not have this problem, only in PWA mode.
    3. Have not test on 4.8.1 yet. But if you have 2 listing plans with different duration (for example one plan has 5 days active, another has 7 days active). Renewing from one plan to another will subtract your duration instead of adding. If you paid for featured plan and want to add duration with normal plan, your featured status is removed.
    - Discussed here: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ging-plan-bugs

    4.8.1 CONFIRM BUG FIXED
    1. Category name won't show on listing title.
    Fixed by Curtis: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post30504
    2. Files and images are removed by systems without admin control.
    Fixed by Curtis: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post30510

    ------------------
    Not all opinions are agreed with I understand that. But I would like to hear feedback, too.
    Please comment your ideas below and I will update this first post.
    Thank Flynax for making this awesome scripts and everyone here to make it even better.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; August 22, 2020 at 04:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    119
    Hi Wei Hong,

    I totally agree with you about these 2 features
    >>Rotate images after uploaded to listings. Many pictures are taken by phone and many of them are up side down and side way.
    >>Filter: option to apply all fields with one click. Right now you have to click each fields one by one.

    Especially the filter plugin is quite unusable, it is a paid plugin and works in a very funny way, it is absolutely inconvenient, no one will use it.

    And as for phone numbers, it would be better to make these fields with country codes in front.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Australia mate.
    Posts
    150
    Image handling requests (rotation and choosing thumbnail) Wei Hong mentioned are good and fairly much a needed feature in any classifieds site. People will often make mistakes with uploading images and should be easily able to adjust them onsite without having to re-upload again.

    Would also like to push for a different more user friendly method for selecting town name when entering new listings on mobile devices (and perhaps also a lesser issue on desktop). Current method is far too unwieldy when some states/regions have thousands of towns/cities to choose from. See issue at https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ads-or-even-pc

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    476
    yeah graham i agree, city field should be empty and as you type your city it must search the database or table as you type till it matches the city you want. No huge dropdown.
    This would be great.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    476
    here is a good example of how city field should work flynax team.
    https://www.boats.com/boats-us/basic-1/

    Selact a package then type any boat make in the "Make" field and see how it changes.

    Im willing to pay for a customization like this for the city field, or all dropdown menus with a huge data list.
    Last edited by kiowa; August 21, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jupp View Post
    Image handling requests (rotation and choosing thumbnail) Wei Hong mentioned are good and fairly much a needed feature in any classifieds site. People will often make mistakes with uploading images and should be easily able to adjust them onsite without having to re-upload again.

    Would also like to push for a different more user friendly method for selecting town name when entering new listings on mobile devices (and perhaps also a lesser issue on desktop). Current method is far too unwieldy when some states/regions have thousands of towns/cities to choose from. See issue at https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ads-or-even-pc
    Ha ha I'm glad you brought this up. It was my post and a huge problem I had back in the day. I paid for the customization so I forgot about it. I updated it here. It should be considered too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Australia mate.
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by kiowa View Post
    yeah graham i agree, city field should be empty and as you type your city it must search the database or table as you type till it matches the city you want. No huge dropdown.
    This would be great.
    Yep, Flynax already uses this method within the admin for default location so it would be the best method to use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Ha ha I'm glad you brought this up. It was my post and a huge problem I had back in the day. I paid for the customization so I forgot about it. I updated it here. It should be considered too.
    Ah... so the actual custom coding has already been done for you? I wonder what Flynax's policy is on releasing paid customisations to general public given that they had already stated in that thread I linked to that a task had already been created for the next plugin update, giving the impression that it would be a public release at some point even if others had paid for the customisation.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jupp View Post
    Ah... so the actual custom coding has already been done for you? I wonder what Flynax's policy is on releasing paid customisations to general public given that they had already stated in that thread I linked to that a task had already been created for the next plugin update, giving the impression that it would be a public release at some point even if others had paid for the customisation.
    Ya I was hoping they would reward me for raising the awareness of this crucial function which make Flynax more appealing to customers than it already are.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46
    Yes all good suggestions Wei Hong, But your first one a must:
    1. Rotate images after uploaded to listings. Many pictures are taken by phone and many of them are up side down and side way.

    Also my couple of posts:
    Dealer Auto approved listings!
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....tings-tick-box!

    and

    Admin online feature!
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....nline-feature-!!

+ Reply to Thread