+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any1 on here from USA?

Guru

any1 on here from USA?

Hello, can someone here from the USA ( US IP address) please test my site and see if it goes to United states on the location finder?
    Not sure if it is working properly, im using a vpn to change the ip address to test my site from different countries but keeps on going to Australia where i live.
    Thanx,

Guru
    My ip geo location wont point to a country ip, just found out that my site will only go to the default country that you specify in IP GEOLOCATION.
    Any help here flynax?

This is becoming really frustrating, also my site still points to kenya in map search.

I have a vpn running and no matter what country i choose the location finder and Currency menu only uses the default country i specify.

i have tested this now and also clearing the cache did not solve it.

Can you please TEST my site and see what is going on.
    Also please just dont give me a short answer and say i must submit a ticket.

This is all stuff that is supposed to be working.

Much appreciated
    Last edited by kiowa; August 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

A quick question first as it may be related to your issue if you have the same problem as me.

When you go to "admin/common/basic settings/location finder/search settings/default location" and click in the box and start typing a location, does a drop down menu appear under the box with suggested cities? Mine does NOT do this on a 4.8 upgrade from 4.72, I never get to see the drop down menu which is meant to be there (the only reason I realised mine is missing is due to the function working correctly at the flynax demo page).

Likewise similar missing dropdown menu issue occurs on "admin/common/basic settings/maps-geocoding/search on map page/default location"

I'm unsure if this originally worked on my 4.72 install or if it only happened after upgrading to 4.8.

Have you updated to 4.8.1 yet?

I seem to remember you have already tried the fix for the Kenya bug that didnt work for you. I think this may have been addressed in the 4.8.1 release but not 100% sure as the changelist doesn't give quite enough detail about the fixes, however it does mention "A default location issue on the Search on Map page fixed" which may be the Kenya bug.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; August 18, 2020 at 12:27 AM.

Guru
    Thanx graham,
    I will check what you jave mentioned.
    I was now forced to update the ip database although i only target about 7 countries. And it states on the admin panel not to update ip database if you only use a couple of countries. I have also not put a default country in the settings, i left it blank for now.

Any update on whether your dropdown menus are missing Kiowa?

I recall from the top of my head that it works fine if you use the same default map providers used in the demo.
    I would not get the drop down if all of the map providers were set to google.
    Try changing all the map provider used in the default and see what happens.

I reported this and seems that it was not fixed.
    Now, to keep track of the bugs I report, I make a video and post to YouTube.
    I will delete the video once a new version is released and I confirm the bug wad corrected.

+ Reply to Thread