+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Location Filter sub categories

Location Filter sub categories

Hi,

I am currently experimienting building a classified using the Real Estate script

The classified will be used for 1 country compromising of around 120 towns.

For a new listings, the seller will select the respective towns from a drop down list.

On the Location Filter, I do not want to show all 120 towns as the page will be too cluttered.

How can I group these in groups, such as for example North, South, East and West and having the Towns as sub categories of these groups ?

You can create Regions and then add cities in each region. What a country do you want to use?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    You can create Regions and then add cities in each region. What a country do you want to use?

Regions (or districts) can be an option however in the create a new listing page, would I be able to have a drop down with all the towns populated (without having to select a district) ? Reason being, districs are not that popular here in Malta, and i am afraid that when sellers create a new listing, they get confused which district corresponds to which tow

Nope, it is not possible. We cannot create a new intermediate level and remove it on some pages.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Nope, it is not possible. We cannot create a new intermediate level and remove it on some pages.
    Thanks, is there an option for the visitor to choose multple entried on the Location Filter box ?

+ Reply to Thread