+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New released plugin PayPal Checkout Gateway issue

Exclamation New released plugin PayPal Checkout Gateway issue

Hello,

i tested the new released plugin called "PayPal Checkout Gateway" on the demo website, i choose a service to pay and i'm redirected to Paypal correctly, but i dont see a form where i can fill the credit card fields without having a Paypal account, Paypal is asking me to login to my account or to create a new Paypal account in order to make the payment.

On the plugin description you said that "users do not need to have a PayPal account".

Can anyone tell me if it's a plugin issue or a configuration issue ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,
    Last edited by Amir Khalid; June 18, 2020 at 02:51 PM.

Flynax developer
    Hello,

In this case you can use paypal guest mode.

1. Please select Paypal Checkout gateway in your site;
    2. Select the Create an account option on paypal side;
    3. Enter your credit card details;

Also I've attached screens; please see

2020-06-20_13-08-05.png
    2020-06-20_13-11-39.png

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Khalid View Post
    Hello,

i tested the new released plugin called "PayPal Checkout Gateway" on the demo website, i choose a service to pay and i'm redirected to Paypal correctly, but i dont see a form where i can fill the credit card fields without having a Paypal account, Paypal is asking me to login to my account or to create a new Paypal account in order to make the payment.

On the plugin description you said that "users do not need to have a PayPal account".

Can anyone tell me if it's a plugin issue or a configuration issue ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,
    Did you fill in the client ID and secret key?
    I tried on demo and it give me blank page. I'm interested in testing this, too.

Works fine for me. Don't need an account with pay pal using this pluggin. This is how mine worked anyway Vladimir..So I thought I'd share it...

Check attached Images out.

And YES you need a client ID and secret key to use. Just set up your testing account in Pay Pal sandbox.

As you can see by my first image, it has my test email account (sb-nt7bt1863094@personal.example.com),and you will get a password to enter.This is your fake account to log into paypal. When you don't have a paypal account you scroll down to where I have the arrow and click "Pay with Card". This take you to the next page to fill out your credit card details.(See image 2)

By the way, When you set up your testing account. You will have 2 accounts. 1 being you (as the customer), the other being the business your buying off(It's fake two, only for testing, fake money as well. Give yourself a million dollars..lol).

Remember you also need to set up another client ID and key when you go live..

Hope this helps. Cheers

Last edited by Dale B; June 26, 2020 at 02:41 PM.

P.s, that's a first, why are my images so big in post above? I think I've done something differently!!

Nice. Is there anyway to Make a pay with a card button sitting next to the Pay by Paypal on checkout page? Sometimes users don't know they can pay with card and just left.

You would have to see Flynax on that one, but saying that, my understanding is it's a pay pal script and it would be illegal to change that under their terms and conditions..Hey I could be wrong though..

Hello,

i set the Paypal account as optional under my Paypal account setting, generated ID and secret key, i'm able to see credit card field, but there are still some issues:

The first issue is that when we choose the option "create/open a Paypal account", the service amount to pay disappears from the top right corner, so the final user doesnt know/see the amount to pay, so he will never make the payment.
    The second issue is when the final user choose the option to create/open a Paypal, there are a lot of additional fields to fill like address, billing address .... no one will take the time to fill all those fields.
    The third issue is that as a website owner, i cant ask users to click the "the create a paypal account" to be able to see credit card fields.

there are some others issues like this.

We must give the final user a very simple step to make a secure payment as he doesnt care if we are using Paypal or any other payment gateway.

The user must choose the service to pay, then a payment gateway, once he choose the Paypal gateway we must offer him only required credit card fields and nothing else, he make the payment then redirected to the website to start using the purchased service. (just like on the Paypal Pro Gateway) which is unfortunately available only on the US, Canada ans UK.
    Last edited by Amir Khalid; June 30, 2020 at 10:46 AM.

what do you think ?

Hello Vladimir,

After testing the plugin, I don't see any difference between normal Paypal method and Paypal checkout plugin, both methods can pay by credit card when the user click on create an account, so is there any other solution thats shows Pay by Card option?

Did you try Paypal Smart Payment Buttons? https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/#
    It would be a great solution in this matter.

+ Reply to Thread