+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added a village to country/state/city

Added a village to country/state/city

I have try to add village to country/state/city

like turkey/istanbul/uskudar and then all the small village in uskudar

i haved done all the village for the city
    but then i recognise that it was not working fine and delete all the village from the city but the website created a option on the "listing fields" = "Country Level 3" for the village that was i think created automatic because i did not created it !

I try it to deleted it but this won't also not deleted.
    So i deactivated it but it still there

Fields.png

thanks

but then i recognise that it was not working fine
    What exactly didn't work properly with a new level of locations?

I try it to deleted it but this won't also not deleted.
    Yes, you cannot remove automatically created by the system fields. If you want you can create a new ticket with the request and we will remove the field.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

the map didn show the right place and i can not set also the location with the "location Finder" because it was show only the first 3 option -

Country - State - city

and no village
    so i deleted it bacause of this

Victor is it posible to add also the village "town" to the "location" and "Location Finder" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    What exactly didn't work properly with a new level of locations?

Yes, you cannot remove automatically created by the system fields. If you want you can create a new ticket with the request and we will remove the field.
    I have the exact same problem, weird things happen when trying to work with listing fields. And impossible to delete the fields that were created without our knowledge.
    I also find it annoying to have to open a ticket for it to be deleted by support and wait I don't know how long for it to be done, already we have other tickets open so how long will it take to configure the script and make it work properly !?

I have been trying for almost 2 months and nothing is progressing.
    I worked with PHPnuke, Xoops, Mambo (the ancestor of Joomla), Oscommerce when it was the star of Ecommerce and I had a Caramail mailbox.
    So please do not tell me that I am a beginner and that it is normal that I have difficulty configuring and running a script!
    Last edited by Mohamed Gharib; April 22, 2021 at 04:45 PM.

Hello,

What exactly the problem you experience deleting location fields or why you need to remove them after linking to multi-field entry?

If you think the plugin creates an empty level field we need to look into the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

What exactly the problem you experience deleting location fields or why you need to remove them after linking to multi-field entry?

If you think the plugin creates an empty level field we need to look into the problem
    Hello Rudi,

With the Multifield / Location plugin I created a Region entry to replace Country To have this structure for localization:

Region
    - Department
    - - City

I manually added the 13 regions of France. Then for each region I imported the data:
    France Locations -> Select items to be imported
    This imports all departments for the region and all cities for each department.

I went to Listing Fields and created a Region then Department then City entry.
    For some reason I forgot, I had to delete the Department and City fields to start over. The fields were deleted but I discovered the appearance of two new fields: Department Level 1 and Department Level 2. Not knowing what it was I wanted to delete them but it was impossible because the system obliges me to deactivate them only.

Everything becomes blurry and incomprehensible I renamed Department Level 1 in Department and Department Level 2 in City by checking all the boxes necessary for their display on the Post an ad page and View Details page but nothing is displayed. So I don't even have the chance to know if the two fields created by the system correspond to the entries I had imported

1-edf.jpg

2-eda.jpg

Note that:

- you don't need to create sub-levels manually - the plugin creates all field levels automatically once you link your multi-field entry in the parent listing field

- you can't manage/remove sub-level fields because they are strictly dependent on the parent field, so to select a city you should select first a region and department on the listing form

- if you need only cities, you should use one-level entry in the multi-field plugin with cities list or you can create that list in the Data Entries manager and then link this data entry to your listing field

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Note that:

- you don't need to create sub-levels manually - the plugin creates all field levels automatically once you link your multi-field entry in the parent listing field

- you can't manage/remove sub-level fields because they are strictly dependent on the parent field, so to select a city you should select first a region and department on the listing form

- if you need only cities, you should use one-level entry in the multi-field plugin with cities list or you can create that list in the Data Entries manager and then link this data entry to your listing field
    Hello Rudi,

It seems to me that there is something that I do not understand but you cannot understand why I do not understand it

Flynax's geolocation structure for France is (I give a concrete example):

- Region: Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
    - - City: Lyon

But the exact structure should be: Country -> Region -> Department -> City:

- Region: Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
    - - Department: Rhone
    - - City: Lyon

Flynax does not display the Department although it is very important

For my site I don't need to display France but only Region in top, then Department then City.

That's why I deleted Country and tried to create the regions and for each region import the data, because in this way Flynax imports the departments in Level 2 and the cities in Level 3.

Perhaps what confuses this subject is that the search structure by geolocation is not the same for all countries, some search only by city, others by state -> city and others by state -> district -> city etc.
    Last edited by Mohamed Gharib; April 23, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

To avoid confusion, I deleted all the country entries and started over.

To add or remove location fields, go to categories / categories / Select any category / Build (to the left of pencil icon)

+ Reply to Thread