+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cant install / update plugins via admin panel

Could you please create ticket with ftp account (or cpanel access)? I will able to check(fix) your website and write problem here. Thanks.

Hello Kevin,

thanks, I will create a ticket.

Hi folks,
    I would like to sum up this thread, here the factors which may prevent your admin panel to install/update
    the plugins on the fly:

1. fopen php function and curl php library disabled or restricted to access remote files.

2. the required script directories hasn't writable permissions, this problem occurs in case when you use
    the server with wrongly configured PHP user permissions, for example on proper hosting servers the PHP
    user has system permissions and 755 access is enough to write content to necessary directories.
    In case when PHP has guest user permissions you should set 777 for all directories which script should
    write in, in this case you should set writable permission for the following directories:
    - /plugins/ and each plugin directory inside (in update plugin case only)
    - /tmp/upload/
    - /backups/plugins/

3. your website has problem with Flynax license, in this case you have to contact Flynax Support.

John

Hello John,

thank you for your answer.

1. Think there would be the problem, but fopen is on and curl is enabled.
    2. After I changed the folder permission of the plugin directory, like reference number, I was able to update via admin panel.
    With this solution I can live with.

Maybe it is a server or hosting problem.

Thanks a lot for your help to fix this.

Best regards
    Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_M View Post
    Hello Kevin,

thanks, I will create a ticket.
    2. In case when PHP has guest user permissions you should set 777 for all directories which script should
    write in, in this case you should set writable permission for the following directories:
    - /plugins/ and each plugin directory inside (in update plugin case only)
    - /tmp/upload/
    - /backups/plugins/

It is a common problem when using Plesk Panel. All folders of plugin directory have permissions 755 and you should set 777

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas_M View Post

Maybe it is a server or hosting problem.

Thanks a lot for your help to fix this.
    The problem was resolved. I wrote in previous post that: It is a common problem when using Plesk Panel.
    For example:
    We wanted to update "compare" plugin then we set 777 for plugins/compare and plugins/compare/static

+ Reply to Thread