+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your account type doesn?t offer the option to add listings.

Your account type doesn?t offer the option to add listings.

Hello!

If I disable "Adding listings without signing up" it gives an error: "Your account type doesn't offer the option to add listings." instead of offering to login or register.
    It is only on my offline site.
    I cannot to figure out what settings can cause this error.

Hello,

It means that the visitor is not allowed to add listings: User Accounts > Account Types > visitor > Edit > options

and selected package also may not support visitors: Monetization > Listing Package > your package > Edit > Available to

you can make add-listing page required for logging in via Pages > Post an Ad > Edit > Logging in required

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

you can make add-listing page required for logging in via Pages > Post an Ad > Edit > Logging in required
    Thank you for, Rudy, as soon as I made the add listing page required I saw the form offering to login or register that I tried to see.

Now another question:
    As we know the script has such a feature "Adding listings without signing up",

2020-04-18_155008.png

but this feature doesn't work properly, we need to make so that unregistered users/visitors were able to add listings. But as a fact unregistered users can't ad listings, they should fill the form log in or registration at the end of "Post an ad" page, and it makes things worse that not all users will be able to add listings.

Actually, this feature is designed to facilitate the process of posting an ad which doesn't require users to go to registration page

and allows them to have a quick registration right on the add-listing form not leaving the form step

but it doesn't mean that the visitor shouldn't sign up at all, otherwise the listing couldn't be assigned to "no one"

how do you think it should work? listings from unknown person?
    Last edited by Rudi; April 18, 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    allows them to have a quick registration right on the add-listing form
    otherwise the listing couldn't be assigned to "no one"

how do you think it should work? listings from unknown person?
    Quick registration without password makes even things worse because if a visitor is inexperienced internet user and has no email or entered email is wrong(intentionally or unintentionally), and if automatically authorized after adding post then imagine what difficulties will this user face further in using this account.

That won't be listings from unknown person, because there would be the contact informations of poster/listing owner if add name, phone, email fields.
    Last edited by Logmanov; April 19, 2020 at 09:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread