+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of my ads disappeared ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

Hybrid View

Master

Pictures of my ads disappeared ONCE AGAIN!!!!!

Dear Flynax team,

I know you guys are doing your best to help, but this time I'm completely down.
    The last 2 weeks I spent hours and hours to convince new users to come and publish on my website.
    I gain almost 500 new ads.

This evening all pictures disappeared again and users are so angry against me that I don't even know what to do.

Is there any Cron Job or and internal script running and cleaning my pictures?
    I already checked with my hosting and nothing from their side.

See attached for before and after ...

:-(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can i see website url ? (pm)

are your images actually missing from your server when you investigate via FTP or CPANEL file manager?

They are stored in files folder and listed in folders containing the month and year as a folder name. ie:

files/10-2019/ (for October 2019 files)

If the files are actually missing then something is deleting them, but if they are still there then it's likely an issue with pointer to those files in the database.

One interesting thing I noticed is that with Flynax 4.72, the image files previously ended in .jpeg but with the update to 4.8 they now end in .jpg , the old files do not get renamed to .jpg once you upgrade to 4.8 though as far as I can see, only for listings created post 4.8.

Not sure if this is likely to cause any problems or related to your issue.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; April 1, 2020 at 12:53 AM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jupp View Post
    are your images actually missing from your server when you investigate via FTP or CPANEL file manager?

They are stored in files folder and listed in folders containing the month and year as a folder name. ie:

files/10-2019/ (for October 2019 files)

If the files are actually missing then something is deleting them, but if they are still there then it's likely an issue with pointer to those files in the database.

One interesting thing I noticed is that with Flynax 4.72, the image files previously ended in .jpeg but with the update to 4.8 they now end in .jpg , the old files do not get renamed to .jpg once you upgrade to 4.8 though as far as I can see, only for listings created post 4.8.

Not sure if this is likely to cause any problems or related to your issue.
    They all disappeared. That very strange as it's not the first time and what is weird for is that my last backup is from a week ago :-(

What a product version do you use?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    What a product version do you use?
    I'm using V. 4.8 General classified with nova template (not an upgrade from 4.7.2 but a fresh install)
    Last edited by Skorpion; April 1, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

This still isn't solved in 4.8.0? This was problem in 4.7.0 too but I remember there was a thread about this problem with a fix was posted there.

thats weird. I didn't have this issue before. I'm using 4.7.2.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    thats weird. I didn't have this issue before. I'm using 4.7.2.
    Hi Wei,
    I can ensure you, last time it happens wasn't funny at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    Hi Wei,
    I can ensure you, last time it happens wasn't funny at all...
    I believe you from the look of it. I have similar problem about file being deleted and caused error loading my website. It was the security software of my host provider. I had to contact them to turn it off. I'm not sure if it was the same as your case.

+ Reply to Thread