+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registring fee

Registring fee

My Flynax marketplace works very well with hundreds of registered members.

I want listings to remain free but I have an issue with spammers : they create about 3 new accounts per day and it is a lot of work to delete their accounts and ads everyday.

I want listing to remain free for all users, but I would like to put a 10 euro fee to register now.
    Doing so, my users will be able to post their ads for free like before, and I am sure 99% of spammers won't create new accounts if there is a 10 euro fee.
    A legitimate new user will be happy to pay a one in a lifetime 10 euro fee if he can post as many free ads as he wants once registered.

But I don't find how to implement this. Any idea ?
    Last edited by Olivier Pequin; March 27, 2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier Pequin View Post
    My Flynax marketplace works very well with hundreds of registered members.

I want listings to remain free but I have an issue with spammers : they create about 3 new accounts per day and it is a lot of work to delete their accounts and ads everyday.

I want listing to remain free for all users, but I would like to put a 10 euro fee to register now.
    Doing so, my users will be able to post their ads for free like before, and I am sure 99% of spammers won't create new accounts if there is a 10 euro fee.
    A legitimate new user will be happy to pay a one in a lifetime 10 euro fee if he can post as many free ads as he wants once registered.

But I don't find how to implement this. Any idea ?
    You can use the membership?

Maybe but how can I put a fee on new memberships ? I don't find the way to do it in the admin dashboard.

When I go to "Account type", there is no way to put a fee.

When I go to "Membership plan", I can put a fee, but when I try to create a new account, no fee is asked...

Any idea ?
    Last edited by Olivier Pequin; March 27, 2020 at 02:58 PM.

At first, you need to enable membership. Go to Admin Panel >> Accounts find the line: Membership plans and enable it.
    Then you need to create a new Membership plans.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Viktor, it doesn't work...

I use Flynax 4.61
    When I go to Admin Panel / Accounts as you say, I just see a list of existing accounts.
    I have found "Membership plans" in Admin Panel / Monetization though. I have created a 10 euros plan and activated it.
    BUT when I try to create a new account on my marketplace, it is still free ? What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Ohhh, excuse me Oliver, I mean Admin Panel >> Configuration(Basic Settings) >> Accounts.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Thanks Viktor, it works now.

But once a new Membership Plan is activated, how do I join the Listing Packages to it ?

When you create a new membership plan you shouldn't choose Add Listing checkbox. See my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/rqp5j9
    And will work membership plans and when user will try to add a new listing he will see listing plans too.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Thanks a lot Viktor.

I progress but I still don't reach what I want to do.
    I want NEW REGISTERING USERS ONLY to pay a registering fee of 10 euros. (to avoid spammers registering to my marketplace)

But when I activate a Membership Plan at 10 euros, it asks also my existing members to pay a 10 euro fee when they want to list something...

Is there something I am still doing wrongly ?

In attachment, you will find my Membership Plan dashboard page if it helps membership.png

Would you please create a new ticket with the request. I will add pay date for existing accounts via database.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread