+ Reply to Thread

Thread: server resources getting strained

Guru

server resources getting strained

hello guys,
    can someone please explain to me what this message means?
    I feel like im getting ripped off by this hosting company, my monthly unique visitors is about average 4500, this email from my hosting company is telling me something about the cpanel getting additional traffic and that the flynax script is causing errors like images not loading, its slow, tabs dont work etc... i dont see this from my side and are concerned that my site is realy slow to new users that dont have the cashed files on their computers or phones. i dont even have alot of listings on at this moment, why would they say this?

"hello Kiowa,

Thanks for your message. I hope you're doing well especially with the current situation.

In regards to this case, your cPanel account: xxxxxx / website xxxxxxx boatfind.com. au has been receiving additional traffic causing your current shared server to go over limits, to give you an example, during the last 7 days Total Hits: 39523 averaging up to 30 Entry Processes and I/O faults per day.

These faults represent errors on your website, your visitors are unable to see images in full, tabs don't work, forms don't populate, re-directions to social media don't work, the site simply crashes and loads slowly, etc. These faults appear whenever the activity on your account caused by plugins, scripts, internal and automatic requests, website re-directions and traffic surpasses what your plan can handle.

In order to completely solve this issue, we need to get you on a plan that has the necessary server resources to handle the configuration/activity within your account. I'm sharing with you a plan that does not have any type of resource limit which will not only solve the faults on your account but will also increase the speed and performance of your site

Managed VPS Mercury:

4 Core CPU
    2GB Memory
    60GB SSD Storage
    1TB Transfer

Monthly $68.99
    12 months $587.88
    24 months $1,055.76
    36 months $1,403.64

*Prices before GST

We can use the remaining credit of your existing plan to cover your new term too and we'll take care of the data transfer to the new server at no extra cost and no action is required on your end.

I want to help you solve this issue and make sure your business website(s) don't ever experience these faults again, let me know how you'd like to proceed or if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help"

Your site loads ok for me on an ADSL2 connection. I did notice that your menu icons are duplicated (or is this intentional?)

Does your CPanel include stats info on your server stats such as:
    File Usage,
    I/O Usage
    Physical Memory Usage
    CPU Usage
    Number Of Processes
    IOPS

Shared servers seem quite limited on these specs, I know mine is. They give you craploads of data allowance, but the kicker is the resource limits.
    Last edited by Graham Jupp; March 27, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

Guru
    Can i please have some recommendations to affordable vps servers then?

I found namecheap.com but do not know them.
    Would an entry level server be sufficient for the flynax script?

I have moved all my sites to a2hosting.com

When I was researching scripts similar to Flynax one of the other major competing scripts suggested this company as their preferred host so I had decided to swap to it.

My sites are low visitor rate and my Flynax based site is not yet even public so I'm only using the shared server at present and therefore can't really comment much on how my experience has been so far. I may upgrade to their VPS server once I launch my Flynax site if it starts to get some decent visits.

A2 seem to have quite good reviews but suggest you do your own research into them before swapping over. They do some fairly decent half price introductory offers on VPS with better specs than what your present company is offering, naturally those prices will increase once you are over your honeymoon period.

+ Reply to Thread