+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to only allow user to add youtube video url and not an actual video file?

How to only allow user to add youtube video url and not an actual video file?

I'd like to conserve server space and loading time by only allowing user to add a youtube video url.

Currently I have the membership plan set where they can add one video, I have to enter at least 1 for video or the youtube url add link will not show up under image upload box.

Is there anyway to only allow users to upload jpeg gif, etc. and take out mp4 and other file types?

this may be a way to limit user to only add youtube url link as their video allowance. any suggestion help, thanks

You can try to do it yourself.

Open the file: ftp://templates>>your_template>>controllers>>add_listing >>step_photo.tpl

find the code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and replace to:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    save and check again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Ok Viktor, it worked perfectly. I will just change error message text so that user knows only photo files will be allowed in the event that they try to add a video (mp4) Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Tavares View Post
    Ok Viktor, it worked perfectly. I will just change error message text so that user knows only photo files will be allowed in the event that they try to add a video (mp4) Thank You
    Hi ,

Please guide me on how or where to change the error message text.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramu Palanisamy View Post
    Hi ,

Please guide me on how or where to change the error message text.
    Most text can be changed in admincp language, just search for the phrase you wanna change

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Most text can be changed in admincp language, just search for the phrase you wanna change
    Hi Wei Hong, Thank you... I tried but in the language phrase this text not showing.

+ Reply to Thread