+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Feature Drop-Down Boxes on Insertion of New Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    And database too.. you have to add new database or use same database but use another tables prefix. You have to change database details in the config.inc.php file or both websites will use same data from one database.
    ok. will do that. thanks for the help. the ticket IQE-300223 will have to be delayed untill i will notify you since i will try to remake whole website starting from clean 4.1 install

And database too.. you have to add new database or use same database but use another tables prefix. You have to change database details in the config.inc.php file or both websites will use same data from one database.
    is it posible to save somehow all the settings/categories/pages from 4.0.1 and add them into a clean 4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    is it posible to save somehow all the settings/categories/pages from 4.0.1 and add them into a clean 4.1?
    Easiest way is use old database but apply sql_update.sql file to make necessary for 4.1 version things.

If you think that old database has lot of garbage or unnecessary changes, it may be harder. I would make it next way: prepare two database backups in same format and merge them.

Copy all things you want from old database backup (sql file) to new database backup and import sql file back. (you have to use any merging tool as araxis merge or WinMerge)

But if you have installed old version it's easier to do next way:

1. Using export/import categories plugin export categories from 4.0.1

2. import them to 4.1 using the same plugin

3. Uninstall all plugins.

4. apply sql_update.sql from 4.0-4.1 patch

5. copy config,config_groups tables without any changes to new database (replace existing table in new database)

6. copy pages table (replace existing) to new database

But your old version in temporary folder will be broken after this

So always keep all original backups (including new clean version if you made any changes already). in case you will need to start over

That's how you can do the trick, i think.. but i can't remember all specific. maybe i forgot about something.

Drop Downs

I would also like dropdowns for adding listings from the backend, We produce a magazine in print and currently enter thousands of classifieds a week this would make it alot faster.

Drop-down boxes

Hello All...

After using Flynax for a while now, I believe that it is time for this feature to be introduced as standard to the software. In doing this, I believe flynax would then make it more desirable to new clients...

Please see picture...

This is how many uk sites allow listings to be added through the front end.

Will this feature be added as standard, or is it only available as a custom?
    Attached Images Attached Images

We think to add something similar to the software next version,

For now easiest for solution is to get drop downs instead of tree is to use dropdowns as in new mobile version template.

what you have to do it to apply changes from here

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...=4191#post4191

and then few other changes to enable it for standard version (not mobile). If somebody interested i can post this changes

Mike F.

When will be the date for the new version?

Sure post the changes. Always willing to try something new that is user friendly.

Hello Mike are very interested in this change, could you kindly tell me what to change to make categories like Mobile ad placement?
    Thank you very much

We think to add something similar to the software next version,

For now easiest for solution is to get drop downs instead of tree is to use dropdowns as in new mobile version template.

what you have to do it to apply changes from here

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...=4191#post4191

and then few other changes to enable it for standard version (not mobile). If somebody interested i can post this changes
    VenditaMotori
    La tua auto usata

Hello Mike,
    I tried to copy the file:

templates> mobile_default> tpl> Controller> add_listing.tpl

and replace with:

templates> auto_modern> tpl> Controller> add_listing.tpl

and

templates> mobile_default> tpl> blocks> category_level.tpl

and replace with:

templates> auto_modern> tpl> blocks> category_level.tpl

But I do not work select the dynamic