+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Feature Drop-Down Boxes on Insertion of New Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Raza View Post
    Any live example of what you are preaching?
    have mentioned already - www.okazii.ro

Well, after going trough some of the major players, one thing i've noticed... they-re all using the same style of menu.. and if anything, although it won't enrich the the user experience in any way, it'll actually make the bridge between systems, so making them a lot easier to use. So as Petrache Nicolae showed and well, in the attachment, most of the more advanced "players" are using inline menus with sub-categories.
    Anyways, heres another example of what could be..
    Option1 - http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-in..._author=slashc
    or getting a bit crazier..
    Option 2 - http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-in...review/2871420
    Yet another one...
    Option 3 - http://codecanyon.net/theme_previews...dition?index=4

Open to some other options, if anyone else cares to share, but please, if possible share sites with snippets or something alike, so we can try and join a few ideas. Perhaps we can make a vote on it later on and ask Flynax for something more or less specific.

If you are visiting this thread, i can assure you this subject in debate here, surely is of your interest.
    Being of general interest, i'd like you to submit a reply to this thread stating your opinion, and if you agree this could enhance your classifieds website, then please let us know.
    This is a matter of asking Flynax for this development, and Flynax will only look into this, if there are enough people demonstrating some interest in it's development.

Kind Regards to Everyone,

Marco Morais

Seems all have different view of the subject, so most likely you will request customization to get this done

For me, i like the way it has several boxes (one for each level) where you select first level then it shows 2nd box with 2nd level etc.

It's very fast and easy to change or choose category. I mean as picture in this post-

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...ull=1#post2509

Good morning Mike,

Most likely... if and when it comes out, shouts will arise why isn't it made this way or that way or some another way... but until then .. no one gives it a second thought :-/ .... typical
    I'm still trying to sell you the idea, although i don't see this going very well.. lol
    There's just one point i'd like to "talk" about. Making the three boxes for filling the cat, sub-cat and sub-sub-cat, although i don't see many things where we could have four or five levels, will limit the existance of these one's, that's the reason why i was suggesting something that could take up to an "unlimited" levels without needing work afterwards.
    Anyways, let's try this one other way.. let's say that i could come to "making" something of my own, if i wanted to change the menu as it is today, where could i start looking, which file(s) ?

Best Regards,

Marco

Yes you are right, several boxes is convenient when you have many levels structure (4-5)..

The code which prints categories tree is placed in templates/your_template/tpl/controllers/add_listing.tpl :

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    What you have to do is make correct link to next step

Please feel free to ask if you have questions or problems with the implementation, i'm sorry i'm not doing it on my own i don't have time for this unfortunately, but i will be happy to help as i know it will be useful for others too.

We are going to implement something in next version but it will be long to wait next release (not update with bugfixes) for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Seems all have different view of the subject, so most likely you will request customization to get this done

For me, i like the way it has several boxes (one for each level) where you select first level then it shows 2nd box with 2nd level etc.

It's very fast and easy to change or choose category. I mean as picture in this post-

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...ull=1#post2509
    good to know that you, as developer, like the type i have sugested. maybee in time you will make a similar system to speed up the process in case of general ads websites wich do have plenty of categories/subcategories.
    can you tell me please if i would want to install a old save into a subfodler so i can easy copy data and settings from 4.01 to 4.1 wich files should i edit to reflect the new location? thanks

You have to edit includes/config.inc.php, i think you will see what to edit there:
    it's website url - you have to add your directory to the url with the trailing slash
    and also it's system path to the root script folder - same thing - you just have to add your directory to the path.

And for working links you have to add RewriteBase /new/ in case your folder is "new"

And database too.. you have to add new database or use same database but use another tables prefix. You have to change database details in the config.inc.php file or both websites will use same data from one database.

+ Reply to Thread